MTN Zambia New Job Vacancies (Latest Advert)
CHIEF TECHNICAL OFFICER
- To provide leadership in formulating and executing strategy, policy and procedures for operating and maintaining a sustainable technology function aligned to current and future business objectives.
- To participate as the business partner in all areas of operations, being the key member of the management team, responsible for developing the appropriate environment for all technical decisions such as strategic systems conversions and integrations.
- Manages the deployment of the MTNZ GSM network to satisfy the requirements of target subscribers.
- Develops and monitors the annual business plan and budget including departmental goals, strategies, objectives and projects implementation to ensure the technology capabilities are responsive to the needs of the company’s strategic objectives
- Manages network development to ensure standardization of network technology, including evolution path as well as standardized group architecture, toolkits, templates etc and ensure standardized processes for implementation and maintenance.
- Manages the network to ensure excellent network quality through the deployment of advanced optimisation techniques.
- Monitors the performance of the network and acts to maintain service levels within targets set in the business plan.
- Establishes and monitors performance benchmarks for the Network Group to ensure the on-going effectiveness of the department.
- Review and approve major contracts for technology services and equipment ensuring that contracts are in support of objectives and service delivery.
- Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new services and changes to existing systems.
- Responsible for the development, review of all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Identifies emerging technologies to be assimilated, integrated, and introduced and assess new technologies to determine potential value add.
- Oversee on-going improvements and feasibility of system enhancements.
- Effectively manages the development of direct reports, ensuring skills development through training, mentoring and coaching, talent management and the MTNZ Employee Value Proposition to achieve optimum performance.
- Set clear objectives and manage the performance of the team.
- Build talent by identifying and developing new leaders for the respective environment.
- BSc Electrical/Electronic or Telecommunication or related area of study.
- Relevant Master Degree a must.
- Minimum of 10 years practical work experience in large to medium-sized industry preferably Telecoms, GSM, IT management of which 5 years must be in senior management role.
- Experience in medium to a large subsidiary of a multinational/telecom company.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]