National Legal Aid Clinic for Women (NLACW) Job Vacancy: Driver
The National Legal Aid Clinic for Women (NLACW) is a project of the Women’s Rights Committee of the Law Association of Zambia (LAZ) which was established in 1990 by the Women’s Rights Committee of LAZ, to provide affordable legal representation to women and children from marginalized social sectors. The overall objective of the NLACW is to empower women by facilitating their access to legal rights by way of legal representation, counselling, legal and human rights education as a distinct but integral part of the women’s movement. The NLACW has the following vacancies that needs to be filled.
DRIVER – LUSAKA (1)
- Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents, and other items.
- Ensure the provision of secure and reliable driving services.
- Proper use of vehicles.
- Ensure availability of all required documents/supplies including motor vehicle insurance, logs, office directory, a map of city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts.
- Ensure that no alcohol or drugs are kept in the motor vehicle.
- Obtain receipts purchases of fuels, oils, and other lubricants.
- Ensure cost-saving through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensure proper day to day maintenance of assigned vehicles through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes car washing etc.
- Ensure that road taxes and fitness certificates of motor vehicles are up to date.
- Report problems with motor vehicles.
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
- Grade 12 certificate
- Valid driver’s license PSV
- Experience length- minimum of 2 years
Candidates meeting the above-prescribed qualifications should submit their application letters along with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and names, contact numbers and addresses of 3 referees, two of whom must have worked with the applicant, to the address below.
The Closing date for applications is 25th March 2019
All applications should be addressed to the Executive Director and delivered to the address below or emailed to [email protected]
The Executive Director
National Legal Aid Clinic for Women
Plot No. 110A/150
Musonda Ngosa Road
Private Bag E578
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]