New Job For a lecturer in Entrepreneurship & Business Skills: Njovu Zambia
Njovu Zambia is a Non – profit organisation based in Zambia that focuses on development aid in Lusaka, Western and Southern provinces. Its mission is to provide support for children, youth and farmers from underprivileged communities through education, skills training, entrepreneurship training and healthy free time activities.
Njovu Zambia is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Lecturer for Entrepreneurship & Business Skills in Mongu to teach youth in described topics.
The individual will be responsible for:
Leading entrepreneurship and business skills course and ToT – entrepreneurship and business skills course for teachers. This is an opportunity to positively shape the future of students and inspire them to be self-starters of different businesses as is the goal of the project.
- Preparing and delivering Lectures to students of entrepreneurship according to the course content
- Guiding class discussions, whilst encouraging debate and feedback amongst students
- Conducting tutorial sessions, seminars and providing consultations to students
- Preparation of manuals and study materials
- Preparing and marking student assignments, essays, exams and providing one-on-one feedback on academic performance where necessary
- Attending departmental and project meetings with other staff members
- Conducting further research into specific field of knowledge/interest
- Interviewing course applicants
- Attending and speaking at conferences and seminars
- Encouraging personal development of students in academic and personal life
- Establishing the business incubator program
- Supporting students in business plan development
- Provide regular reports to project manager and do other tasks as required
- Diploma/ Advanced Diploma in Business studies/Entrepreneurship
- Degree will be added advantage, 2- 3 years experience, Computer literate
- Fluent in English, Strong interpersonal skills
- Willing to work in Mongu
- Critical thinking, Ability to initiate change
- Professional work ethic and resistance to stress
What we offer
- Work on development project, Stable and friendly workplace
- Supporting a boost of small business
- Competitive salary and benefits (negotiable)
If you fill you meet the requirements for this position, please send your motivation letter, your CV and at least one letter of recommendation [email protected] (clearly indicating the position applying for) not later than 10th June 2017.
Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.