New Job Opportunity at BDO Zambia Limited
- Company: BDO Zambia Limited
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Zambia
- Job Title: Tax Advisor
- Department: Tax
- Location: Lusaka
- Reports to: Tax Directors / Managers -Tax Department
- Business Line: Tax Advisory
BDO is the world’s fifth largest network of public accounting firms. We provide audit, accountancy, taxation and advisory services in over 140 countries, with over 55,000 people working out of 1,200+ offices worldwide. BDO’s distinctive reputation for building excellent relationships with our clients is built upon our commitment to all our stakeholders, that what matters to them, matters to us.
Due to the expansion of the business, BDO Zambia Limited is looking for an experienced individual to fill the position of Tax Advisor:
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Team member in developing the advisory function. Preparation and review of advisory jobs, review of agreements in support of LDDS, billing and collection of fees and general arrangement of tax files.
- Preparation and or review of tax advisory assignments
- Preparation and/or review of tax advisory reports including:
- The review of employee tax and remuneration planning.
- Advice on international tax.
- Structuring of investment/business operations in Zambia.
- Reviewing of contracts.
- LDD applications.
- Analysis and interpretation of all Zambian Tax Acts.
- Analysis and interpretation of international tax laws.
- Managed by research database.
Assistance with other special tax advisory assignments
- Preparation and/or review of tax due diligence assignments.
- Assistance with tax health checks.
- Preparation and review of Transfer Pricing reports.
- General training to assist in educating client’s staff.
- Tactful and diplomatic.
- Result oriented with sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage change.
SKILLS REQUIRED TO UNDERTAKE THE ROLE
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Personal organization skills.
- Computer Knowledge.
- Basic leadership skills.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS SPECIFIC TO THE ROLE
- Degree from a recognized institution with bias in Business, Accounting, Law, ACCA, CIMA.
- Two years post qualifying experience.
- Appreciation of all Zambian Tax Legislation and Double Tax Treaties.
TRAINING LIKELY TO ASSIST EFFECTIVENESS IN THE ROLE AND/OR MAY HAVE COMPLETED PRIOR TO UNDERTAKING THE ROLE
- ACCA training.
- Business information systems appreciation.
- Customer Care/Client Services training.
- Communications skill training.
- Writing skills.
- International tax training.
ADDITIONAL DETAILS OF EXCEPTIONAL ASPECTS OF THE DEMANDS OF THE ROLE
- Ability to engage with all BDO employees at every level.
- Consistent application of collection procedures.
- Good communication skills and professional attitude.
A competitive remuneration package
Please email complete CV and application, with copies of academics to [email protected] – no later than Tuesday 25 October 2017. Ensure that you mention your source of this job advert.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]