New Job Vacancies at First Quantum Minerals LTD in Zambia: Superintendent Engineer – Fixed Plant
- Company: First Quantum Minerals LTD
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
- Direct maintenance program and process of the process plant and HME to ensure timely and effective production.
- Coordinates with management staff to ensure efficiency in preventative maintenance and new equipment installation.
- Assigning tasks and responsibilities.
- Performance management of direct subordinates.
- Implement preventative maintenance systems and processes
- Implement systems and processes for analyzing causes and trends in breakdowns – includes identification of worst actors in equipment and plans for corrective action accordingly.
- Provide Technical guidance and advise to maintenance staff – including reference material where appropriate
- Implement systems and procedures to track and monitor ordering and procuring of materials and equipment.
- Work with procurement staff to implement regular feedback / Information sharing between sections.
- Work with Procurement staff to set stock-holding and ordering parameters for materials and spare carried as stock items.
- Implement controls to monitor expenditure compliance with approved budget
- ensure that variations from budget expenditure are identified timeously – preferably in advance submitted for appropriate authorization.
- Provide the highest level of professional leadership and technical support to the engineering team to ensure the creation of a working environment which is conducive to employees gaining new skills and achieving their full potential by the development and implementation of effective training and mentoring programs.
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering with 10 years experience in process plants and HME.
- Experience in Opencast Mining an advantage
Experience & Skills:
- Very good communication skills
- 10 years planning experience on plants with very big equipment
- Expat working environment knowledge
- Be a competent and exceptional planner
- Hardworking and committed worker
- Able to work long hours (especially during shutdowns)
- Capable of managing and training of local staff
- Previous experience in opencast copper mines will be beneficial
- Previous experience on In-Pit crushers will be beneficial