New Job Vacancies at Zambia Sugar Plc: Cane Testing Service (CTS) Manager
- Company: Zambia Sugar Plc
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Zambia Sugar Plc., a large agro-industry which is part of Illovo Sugar Ltd, is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugarcane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products. The Company has a permanent employee base of 1 700 employees and offers medical, educational, sport, recreation and other social facilities on the Estate in Mazabuka.
The recently expanded Nakambala Sugar Mill area comprises approximately 28 000 hectares of irrigated sugarcane. An approximately 17 000 hectares of the planted area is owned by Zambia Sugar Plc; and the balance of 11 000 hectares is owned by fourteen commercial Growers and three small-scale grower entities whose affairs are managed by the Estimated Recoverable Crystal (ERC) Committee comprising membership from Zambia Sugar Plc and the Growers.
The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position:
Cane Testing Service (CTS) Manager
To manage Cane Testing Service operations including Weighbridges, and ensures generation and distribution of reports to all Stakeholders (Agriculture and Factory Departments; and the
Out-Growers) for purposes of Payment.
This will he achieved by:
- Ensuring that all Cane purchases reconcile to Cane deliveries.
- Ensuring that the weighing equipment is Serviced, Verified and Calibrated by a third Party in compliance with statutory requirements.
- Ensuring that all the Cane delivered to the Mill meet specific Quality requirements.
- Ensuring that the work performed by Service Providers meet specific needs and requirements.
- Making sure that there is adherence to Cane Testing Operational procedures.
- Monitoring and ensure compliance to all controls.
Qualification, Experience, Knowledge & Membership
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate
- Minimum Diploma in Industrial Science or Chemical Engineering or its equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in Sugar Technology and Laboratory operations
- Knowledgeable in Sugar technology, Laboratory operations and Cane Lab software.
- Full member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ).
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the listed qualifications and attributes should apply, enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae and copies of educational and professional qualifications, contact address, and phone numbers to the undersigned by 15th December 2017.
The Director – Human Resources
Zambia Sugar Plc.
P. 0 Box 670240