New Job Vacancy at DAPP Zambia
CALL FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO DESIGN AND DEVELOP AN ONLINE DATABASE SYSTEM
1. Required services
Specifically, the consultant will be required to design, develop, test and implement a Savings and Internal Lending Community (SILC) Database to suit specifications and requirements specified by carrying out the following tasks:
- Design and Develop a user friendly Database that will be able to be used in a multi-user environment
- Design and Develop a Database that will be used in online and offline mode. The Database should have an offline interface or direct update without internet connections during data entry, as this will help to check what could be errors before the data is posted online and have a backup.
- Design and Develop a normalised Database that will follow data integrity.
- Design and Develop a system that will allow and enable the Administrator to set up users to build custom reports.
- Design and Develop a Database that will be deployed to capture and analyse data at project level.
- Develop a user query builder as specified.
- Develop a module for Administrator to be able to modify or change menus in case of project change.
- Design built in combination of reports to and build in dashboards based on all the indicators. (Dashboards should be a must for all SILC Indicators) Report modules should be able to filter reports based on user specifications such as SILC groups, savings, loans and other variables. Develop a module for Exporting of Data to Data Analysis Software such as MS Excel
- Assign security controls and passwords to users of the system based on individuals and not aligned to computers which may enable the user to enter data for another project using another projects database provided the user has all the administration rights or password.
- Data entry forms should be designed based on actual hard copy forms.
- Be flexible to incorporate any design changes suggested during the Testing Phase
- Successful completion and Installation of the Database meeting our specifications as specified over
- Database able to operate in a multi user environment (Multiple locations online)
- Offer training and initial maintenance support in case of system failure
- This will all be delivered in one phase.
Independent Consultant will coordinate with Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist in the performance of these services and the key contact person shall be the Chief of Party. Independent Consultant will supply, at Independent Consultant’s sole expense, all equipment, materials, and/or supplies necessary to perform the services under this Agreement.
3. Qualifications and Experience
- At least a degree or masters’ Degree (Advanced degree will be a plus) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Mathematics or related field.
- More than 5 years work experience in Software and Database Development.
- A working knowledge of MySQL and PHP programming languages
- Knowledge in developing online /web based solutions database Systems
- Experience in developing M&E Health related Databases will be a plus.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office Suite applications, database applications and statistical packages.
- Knowledge and hands on use of the DHIS/2 or HMIS.
- Proof of experience in developing similar Databases will be an added advantage.
NOTE: Kindly include a breakdown of the proposed budget and timelines for the assignment
4. Application Procedure
Interested individual consultants should send their cover letter, CVs including at least 3 references to the following email addresses: [email protected]
Closing Date for applications: COB, Monday 30th April 2018.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]