New Job Vacancy In Barrick Gold Corporation Zambia
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Systems & Administration Coordinator.
Job Title: Systems & Administration Coordinator
Location: Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Learning & Development Superintendent
Reporting to the Learning & Development Superintendent, you will be responsible to coordinate information from various departments and establish a control centre for policies and procedures regarding training records, correspondence and handling of data. Furthermore, set priority levels concerning confidentiality of data and recommend any improvements, train office personnel in the department’s software application that are critical to communications functions and provide general office services. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
Training Systems (Oracle & Employee Training & Assessment Management System (ETAMS)
- Establish central clearing house for all correspondence, data and information for other sections or departments
- Provide technical and administrative assistance to the department staff, and also responsible for project coordination, maintenance and management
- Oversee a fully functional Oracle and ETAMS and use for updates for planning, reporting, and recommending Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Coordinate training plans, designing and developing training programs (outsourced or in-house) for employee trainings.
- Oversees daily office administrative operations; provides leadership and works with assigned departmental administrative staff to create and retain a high performance, customer service-oriented work environment.
- Oversee and maintain training records of employees both electronically and hard copies in compliance with company procedures.
- Collect, categorize, analyze and evaluate information on departments training needs and competency requirements; assesses relevance of current training programs and course content in meeting company’s strategic goals and initiatives; identifies and resolves operating problems.
- Coordinate offsite training activities for employees.
- Complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Monitor department costs and prepare monthly accruals and attend cost review meetings as required
- Facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods including classroom, virtual training, on-the-job coaching.
- Provide train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts
- Collaborate with business leaders and subject matter experts to develop content, set priorities, establish training schedules, develop/maintain tracking system for training results and achievements, and conduct cost/benefit/needs analyses.
- Identify and resolve problems and opportunities to improve departmental operational processes and procedures.
- Provide direction and guidance on Training and assessment related matters
- Prepare clear, concise and accurate training reports, correspondence, analytical studies and other written materials
- Develop and train system administrators in the appropriate use of systems and general administration functions
To be considered for the position, the applicant must have the following qualifications, experience, skills and attributes
- Degree in Social Sciences/Information Technology or Business Related field
- Certification in Training and Assessment / Certificate IV/Teaching Methodology
- Minimum of five years’ experience within mining industry in a site-based Administration role.
- Experience in Human Resource Information Systems such as (Oracle, Taleo, ETAMS)
- Prior experience in managing administration and systems in a training function will be an added advantage
- Strong background in Human Resources Management, Administration or Training and general business acumen
- High level of problem solving, influencing and analytical skills
- Sound knowledge of contemporary Administration and Training Practice and compliance
- Computer literate, with a high level of Microsoft Office skills
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks