New Job Vacancy at Marie Stopes Zambia: Contact Centre Nurse – February 2018
- Company: marie stopes
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
Marie Stopes Zambia (MSZ) is a results-orientated social business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning, reproductive and sexual healthcare and allied services. Marie Stopes Zambia’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Zambians and dramatically improve access and use of family planning and other reproductive health services. MSZ is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 38 countries worldwide.
MSZ seeks a full-time Contact Centre Nurse to scale up and market the toll-free line 5600, who will be able to provide comprehensive SRH information and medical advice 8:00 17:00 hours daily, with recorded calls after-hours that would be attended to the following morning. The nurse will be part of a team of specialists in the pilot project of telemedicine initiative. The call centre offers clients privacy which is appealing especially to adolescents and clients who live far away from health facilities where they access services.
1. Overall quality inputs into service delivery points, include:
- Provides information on comprehensive SRH package including FP (family planning), pregnancy management, HIV counselling and testing, STI treatment and safe abortion care according to MSZ clinical protocols and any other service identified by MSZ.
- Counselling of clients and provision of advice for family planning, sexually transmitted infections, HIV/AIDS and other SRH services
- Advise and refer clients and callers to Marie Stopes Family Health Centre, BlueStar clinics, outreach teams, public and private clinics and hospitals.
- Develop and maintain a friendly conversation with callers and keep the clients information confidential.
- Providing individualized customer service of a high-standard and professional level
- Understand the need of the caller and respond appropriately and in a caring manner.
- Provide all information required by the caller with regard to MSZ family planning and reproductive health service provision.
- Listen actively to the caller’s questions and inquiries, question appropriately for clarity of client interest and need, and provide feedback to the need of caller as appropriate.
- Generate caller interest in the FP services provided by MSZ through public and private clinics, social franchising and outreach programs.
- Work as a team with the Call Centre staff to better serve the clients through providing MSZ family planning services.
- Direct the caller to the MSZ FP service delivery points based on the type of services required by the caller.
2. Participating in the provision of high quality care to clients:
- Proper counselling of clients, to be responsive to client needs and to recognize potential medical problems and refer them as appropriate.
- Adherence to MSZ clinical guidelines
- Implementing a smooth, efficient client flow to reduce waiting time of callers
- Consistent follow up and feedback to clients and callers.
3. Emergency Management
- Handle emergency calls and refer to caller’s nearest clinic or hospital.
- Report major and critical incidents to line manager immediately.
4. Monitoring and Evaluation
- Record client details and client reasons for calling as according to defined MSZ Contact Centre data needs
- Compile weekly and monthly Contact Centre reports in consultation with the Customer Service Lead as required by MSZ at prescribed times
- Follow up on referred clients to ensure they received the service
- Record all the clients’ feedback about the Contact Centre, MSZ Family Health Centre, Social Franchisees and outreach services
- Participate in the clients satisfaction surveys as required by the MSZ M&E Officer
5. Keeping up to date with medical technology through frequent updates.
- Professional mid-wife, nursing or clinical officer qualification from a recognised institution.
- Professional health counselling training and experience
- Experience and training in providing Family Planning (including LARC) and Post Abortion Care (PAC) services
- NGO experience preferred
- At least 2 years post graduate experience
- IT literacy with working knowledge of word/excel
- Fluent in English and able to speak more than two local languages
Skills, Attitude and Attributes
- Ability to understand as well as grasp basic client’s information.
- Ability to cope up with difficult client situations.
- Ability to analyse the client problem properly and provide logical solutions.
- Excellent communication, client service, interpersonal and computer skills.
- Understanding of the issues surrounding provision of reproductive health care services
- Good interpersonal/communication skills – both oral and written
- Strong personal commitment to the goals of MSI
- Honest, hard-working, team player and result oriented
- Must be pro-choice
- To ensure client empathy confidentiality at all times
How to Apply
Kindly note that no private practice is allowed, MSZ requires total loyalty and commitment to MSZ clients and callers.
Interested and qualified candidates should email a cover letter and detailed CV to [email protected] by Monday 19th February 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.