New Job Vacancies at Wartsila in Zambia: Environment, Health and Safety Officer
- Company: Wartsila
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job Category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
Wärtsilä is a global leader in advanced technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasizing sustainable innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2016, Wärtsilä’s net sales totaled EUR 4.8 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world.
Services Contract Management has the execution responsibility for three contract types: Operation & Maintenance (O&M) agreements, Maintenance agreements, and Technical Management agreements. Globally the business covers over 500 installations both on land and sea and is one of the strategic growth areas within the Services Division.
We are now looking for a new team member to join our team in Ndola, Zambia to do the following:
- Manages and performs activities and projects within own area of responsibility
- Participates in action planning on local or regional level within the area of responsibility
- Ensures quality of operation within the area of responsibility
- Performs a variety of professional activities in own area
- Ensures the completeness of the routine and daily work of own area
- Provides, when needed, support and detailed information regarding own professional area
- Ensure visitor safety and compliance with rules.
- Promote and ensure safety to all employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Promote and ensure conformity to our environmental procedures
- Develop a system of monitoring Lost Time Accident
- Develop a system of monitoring safety and environmental aspects of the plant through developing and communication procedures to the staff.
- Develop an efficient security system in the plant capable of handling all eventualities.
- Supervise and develop a system of vehicle maintenance.
- Manage schedule and coordinate plant transportation system (buses) and services.
- Ensure visitor safety and compliance with rules
- Acts as the secretary of the safety committee
- Signatory to all EHS related reports which include to:
- Work permits
- Hot Work Permit
- Fuel receipts for vehicles
- Monthly fuel reports.
- Analyze fuel consumption of plant motor vehicles
- Communication skills
- Cost awareness & effectiveness
- Cultural knowledge
- Presentation skills
- Reporting & analyzing skills
- Teamwork skills
- Workplace ICT equipment & applications
- Wärtsilä knowledge & business understand
Management & Leadership Competencies:
- Change management
- Management skills
- University degree in Bachelor of Science or equivalent
- Computer Certificates
- 3 to 5 years experience as an Environment, Health, and Safety Officer, preferably in a plant environment