New Jobs at Catholic Medical Mission Board: District Coordinator
Vacancy: 1 x District Coordinator
Location: Luangwa – Zambia
We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all. We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her. We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods. We’re making an impact learn more.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply. Read more from our President & CEO .
The Project District Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating all Community HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support (ZCHPP), activities and implementation, using a targeted evidence-based approach and will be responsible for the day-to-day district Z-CHPP community project activities as assigned by the Country Office. He/she will lead the implementation of Z-CHPP program activities, support the development, adaptation, adoption and dissemination of innovative prevention programs, identify strategies in mobilizing and engaging communities in HIV/AIDS prevention programs, and provide technical expertise in HIV prevention, treatment, care, ART adherence support, adolescent/youth reproductive health and capacity development. This position will report to ZCHPP Programs Manager for overall technical direction working with the overall support of the Operations Director.
1. Key Responsibilities
- Development of Z-CHPP project annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports as well as development and dissemination of information regarding the project.
- Manage project office and supervise day – to – day office activities and operations, in close collaboration with the Country office.
- Provide leadership, supervision and overall management of the Project activities at district and community level.
- Work in collaboration with the Z-CHPP PACT provincial coordinators in the implementation of the projects through the district and community structures
- Engage local partners (Government Agencies and stakeholder, CBOs, DATFS, CATFS, NHCs and NGOs) to roll out new and fortify existing HIV prevention interventions in close collaboration and coordination at community level.
- Facilitate development and strengthen HIV/AIDS activities with partnerships and stakeholders in line with the scope of work of the project.
- Organize, coordinate and facilitate the development or revision of materials for trainings, workshops and meetings to address technical assistance needs and to support implementing community stakeholders.
- Undertakes needs assessment and develop action plans, specific to the project.
- Facilitate development and strengthening of stakeholder networks and partnerships.
- Organize, coordinate, and facilitate trainings, workshops and meetings to address HIV/AIDS related activities to support NZP+ and other key district implementers.
- Coordinates monitoring and evaluation activities for the project, with support of the M & E Officer and develop required reports on the program.
- Liaise with Government Agencies and key stakeholders keeping them up to date of program progress and maintain their support and buy-in.
- Ensure timely reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and consolidate reports to submit to the Country Office.
- Conduct any other duties as assigned by the CMMB Zambia, Country Office.
2. Job requirements:
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences or relevant or equivalent experience. MPH or any Masters in Social Sciences or equivalent.
- Training and knowledge in Community HIV/AIDs prevention, treatment, care and support
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in the local language and English for day-to-day communications and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Program management experience (Monitoring & Evaluation experience)
- Strong team player with very good interpersonal skills and ability to take initiative and manage a number of activities simultaneously
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their application together with resume/CV to [email protected] position applied for on the subject line by 26th April 2018. Include telephone and email contacts of 3 references and your daytime telephone/cellphone contact. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.cmmb.org