One Acre Fund Job Vacancy in Zambia: People Operations Project Specialist
- Company: One Acre Fund
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Zambia
The People Operations Project Specialist will oversee and execute on a variety of strategic projects within the division, with a special focus on Human Resources and Corporate Operations support. They will help us deliver excellent service to our internal customers, building strong relationships within the division, and ensure we accomplish our goals. This role is expected to evolve into leading a team within People Operations for the right candidate, but will not involve any staff management at the beginning.
This is a new position for the People Operations division, we will be working to drive key initiatives forward to ensure our staff are supported to do their best work everyday. This new hire will be reporting directly to the People Operations Program Associate (division lead) and will play a crucial role in the growth of our program.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Execute on special projects, such as ensuring excellent internal communications to guarantee an exceptional new hire experience, drive internal standards on services to meet global best practices, identify key changes to improve employee satisfaction, etc.
- Support and reinforce our organizational culture of caring for our team, effectively looking after their needs, making One Acre Fund a top employer in Zambia.
- Create and improve integral policies, processes, and tools with a heavy focus on ensuring scalability, fairness, and efficacy.
- Gather team feedback on ways we can make One Acre Fund an exceptional place to work. Turn that feedback into a clear project pipeline to help ensure we are meeting our career promises to all staff and driving forward career opportunities across our team.
- Support Diversity and Inclusion initiatives with appointment representatives, ensuring our team feel heard and represented.
- Proactively and effectively communicate up to country leadership, down to departments, and across to other colleagues.
- Other duties as assigned.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking 1 exceptional professional with 2+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences, preferably in a fast-paced office environment, working with diverse stakeholders.
- Quick learner, with the ability to adapt to a changing environment, working well independently or as part of a team.
- Willingness to go the extra mile to ensure a project is done perfectly, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple project at once, experience with project management preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong educational background; HR background (academic or ZIHRM eligibility) required.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, and Excel) and Google applications (Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Calendar, and Gmail).
- Language: Excellent written and spoken English required. Knowledge of Nyanja, Bemba, and/or Tonga will be an asset.
PREFERRED START DATE
As Soon As Possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Zambia