Ongoing Job Recruitment at First Quantum Minerals Zambia – January 2018
- Company: First Quantum Minerals
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
- Coordinate daily planned maintenance activities of the rubber tyred and ancillary fleet in the PM bay.
- Ensure that routine maintenance plans and schedules are followed and adhered to, to optimize the best fleet performance through improved reliability.
- Ensure safe work practices are developed and training packages are delivered to ensure safe standards of work within the PM section.
- Support the development of a continuous improvement culture to ensure best practices and contamination control standards are followed to maintain the FQM mine fleet.
- Trade qualified in a technical maintenance discipline.
- Knowledge of Pronto or other CMMS is an advantage.
- Technical training qualification is highly desirable.
- Experience in maintenance and operation of mobile mining equipment is essential.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of an appropriate Trade certification and experience with heavy mining equipment.
- At least 5 years in a senior supervisory role.
- Previous experience in a training and development role in the Mining or heavy equipment industry.
- Well organized and process disciplined.
- A good communicator who gives clear, concise instruction.
- Shows good attention to detail to record keeping.
- A good leader with an excellent ability to coach and mentor a large team of varying trade disciplines.