Ongoing Recruitment at Laurence Paul Investment Services
Laurence Paul is a privately held business established as a full-service investment management, investment banking, investment advisory, principal investments, and securities trading firm. Our firm is focused on providing unbiased advisory and investment services to entities and individuals involved in investing in and developing Africa’s productive infrastructure.
At Laurence Paul, we leverage the unique strengths of our people to provide our individual and institutional clients with a full range of financial services and product expertise across our business areas. We have an in-depth working knowledge of the business and regulatory environment and we work with financial institutions, major corporations, domestic and international investors, regulators and governments to encourage private sector-led development.
Laurence Paul is well positioned to satisfy the growing need for locally based asset management and securities trading firm that is capable of serving the demands of local and international investor clients.
Position: Financial Reporting Analyst
Laurence Paul is seeking a Financial Reporting Analyst to prepare and manage documentation that reflects the firm’s financial and profitability standing. The holder of this position will perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports and projections.
- Analyse income and expenses.
- Analyse current and past financial data and performance.
- Coordinate with other members of the finance team to review financial information and forecasts.
- Reconcile accounts and file regulatory reports.
- Act as a lead in the preparation of budgets and audited financial statements.
- Provide support in interpreting account changes, maintaining internal controls and ensuring compliance of reporting requirements.
- Identify trends in financial performance and provide a recommendation for improvement.
- Participate in competitive research.
- Develop and evaluate profit plans.
- Expert-level analytical and financial modelling skills
- Proficiency in MS office packages and accounting software & databases
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and financial reporting practices
- In-depth Investment Knowledge
- Outstanding Communication Skills
- Exceptional Numerical Skills
- Presentation and report writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, mathematics, Finance/ professional qualification such as CIMA, ACCA or ZICA.
- At least two (2) years in either capital markets or banking and financial services.
Interested Candidates should send their applications to: recruitment @laurencepaul.com
Application closing date: Wednesday 12th September,2018.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]