Ongoing Recruitment at Zambia Federation of Employers
ZFE NORTHERN REGION BRANCH MANAGER
JOB TITLE: Branch Manager / Assistant Counsel
DEPARTMENT: Legal and Industrial Relations
The position holder manages the ZFE Northern Region Branch Office and provides the Federation’s industrial relations services to employers in that region in accordance with the Industrial and Labor Relations Act Cap 269 and within the parameters set by the Legal Practitioners Act Cap 30. It also involves supporting the Federation’s Counsel in the work of the department.
TYPE OF CONTRACT: 3 years fixed duration, renewable.
DUTY STATION: Kitwe, with travel both within and outside Zambia when required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND MATRIX REPORTING
BRANCH MANAGEMENT LEGAL AND INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS
REPORTING TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR • REPORTING TO: ZFE COUNSEL
- Branch management:
- Staff supervision
- Membership retention and recruitment 1. Advisory: Provide industrial relations advice to members individually through daily interaction and collectively through periodical advisory notes on topical issues.
- Research and critical analysis: Keep abreast with developments on industrial relations in statutory law and Superior Court jurisprudence.
- Lobbying and advocacy: Lobby with Government, National Assembly, cooperating partners, stakeholders, and international affiliates through participation in stakeholder consultations, submission of detailed written analyses and recommendations on the efficacy of legislation and policy for private sector sustainability, and collaboration in the preparation of ZFE press statements.
- Drafting, review, and revision: Draft, review and revise employment contracts, HR policies, recognition and collective agreements, etc. as part of the Federation’s consultancy services.
- Dispute resolution: Provide members with background assistance on industrial relations disputes and represent members in Court. Assist with the facilitation of settlement through negotiation, informal mediation, and preparation of settlement agreements.
- Capacity building: Build capacity in labor law compliance through the regular facilitation of capacity building seminars.
- Contribute to revenue generation: Provide fee-based industrial relations consultancy services and innovate on ways in which the consultancy services portfolio can be improved.
- Company secretarial and administration: Provide general legal advice to the Executive Director and the Board. Assist the Executive Director in the provision of company secretarial services to the Board and membership. Assist the Executive Director in the administration of the Secretariat.
- Any other work reasonably incidental to the above.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- An advocate of the High Court of Zambia with a minimum of three years at the Bar and current practicing certificate.
- Grade 12 School Certificate with at least Merits in English and Mathematics.
- LLB from a recognized university.
- Demonstrated competency in research, critical analysis, drafting, litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
- Sound understanding of contract law, Zambian labor laws and general industrial relations practice. Understanding of International Labor Standards and previous interaction with the Office of the Labor Commissioner an asset.
- Advanced computer skills including in MS Office suite and customer management software.
- Company secretarial and administrative experience an advantage.
- Project management experience an advantage.
- Valid drivers’ license and passport.
Interested applicants should apply to the Executive Director, Zambia Federation of Employers, Employers’ house plot 6662 Mberere Road Olympia Extension Lusaka, P.O. Box 31941 Lusaka, or email [email protected] or [email protected] attaching all relevant supporting documents not later than Friday 24th August 2018.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]