Ongoing Recruitment at Dangote Industries Zambia Limited
The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement, a subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern and advanced integrated cement plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Industries (Z) Ltd is looking for action orientated, high performing, and dedicated professional to join the Finance Department
Position: Accounts Payable Trainee
Reports to: Financial Accountant
Ensure the timely and efficient processing of supplier invoices and staff advance and Reconcile supplier accounts to ensure the accuracy of DIZL’s records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Review supplier invoices and supporting documents against invoice processing checklist in order to establish completeness and validity of details.
- Match supplier invoices to purchase orders prior to processing to ensure consistency and identify errors/discrepancies/irregularities.
- Proactively notify the Financial Accountant of any irregularity in invoices/bills from the third party.
- Assist in ensuring that all suppliers’ statements of accounts are reconciled to the sub-ledgers before forwarding supplier invoices and supporting documents for payment processing.
- Respond to supplier queries regarding payment processing.
- Ensure suppliers’ sub-ledger accounts are prepared and reconciled to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Provide inputs into the review of existing invoice processing policies and procedures.
- Maintain aging report of debt and outstanding payments to suppliers.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of all invoices received from suppliers/vendors.
- Maintain a comprehensive record of all approved invoices, bills and payment supports.
- Receive staff advance requests, carry out the initial review and forward them to the Financial Accountant for further verification and approval.
- Receive staff advance retirements and maintain complete documentation of all transactions.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Financial Accountant.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting or other related disciplines.
- No experience is required, but one (1) to three (3) years of relevant work experience will be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good data gathering, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Basic proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
Candidates meeting the above requirements should address their applications to:
The General Manager HR & Admin and send them to [email protected]
Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document
Closing date for receiving applications is 15th April 2017. Positions should be clearly mentioned in the subject line.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.