Ongoing Recruitment at Pan African Mineral Development Company (PAMDC) 2018
PAN AFRICAN MINERAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY (PROPRIETARY) LIMITED
Pan African Mineral Development Company (PAMDC) Proprietary (PTY) is a tripartite mining company registered in the Republic of South Africa and owned by South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe in equal shares. The PAMDC was formed as a South African based Company in view of the South African Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act, 2002. PAMDC is therefore mandated by the Council of Ministers through a Cabinet memorandum to explore, develop, manage, operate and promote all mining activities for the benefit of the Governments of the Republics of South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe. The Mining Company therefore seeks the services of a committed, vibrant, innovative, and strategically focused and business oriented Zambian to fill the vacancy below:
POSITION: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (PAMDC)
1.0 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be a Zambian Citizen;
- Full Grade 12 Certificate or Ordinary “O” Level equivalent;
- Must have a University Degree;
- Investment and strategic training and processes will be an added advantage;
- Master’s degree will also be an added advantage;
- Mining background and Finance strategic skills will be an added advantage.
- Experience of mining, exploration, railway, petroleum, tourism will be desirable;
- Minimum of ten (10) relevant work experience in a reputable organisation and of which at least five (5) should be at senior management level;
- Project management skills will be an added advantage.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance etc.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
2.0 JOB PURPOSE
As a Chief Executive Officer, the jobholder shall be accountable to the PAMDC Board of Directors and responsible for providing leadership in the overall development and management of the PAMDC Mining Company. He/She is expected to turn around the Company resources into fulltime viable and be able to unlock its potential.
3.0 REPORTING LINE
Reporting to the Chairperson of the PAMDC Board of Directors.
4.0 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Turn around PAMDC into a self-sustainable company and unlock its potential;
- Manage and supervise the submission to the Board of Directors of PAMDC written reports for each board meeting and other secretarial services;
- To identify partners and projects which will lead PAMDC into modern investment vehicle;
- Ensure that financial and operational management systems are effectively and efficiently managed and are in accordance with set policies and standards;
- Oversee effectively implementation of the Mining Company’s projects and programmes through various models of revenue generation;
- Manage effectively, the utilisation of human, financial and other resources available to the company in order to attain the Mining Company’s objectives;
- Ensure effective management of bilateral/multi-lateral and commercial Agreements with other companies for the benefit of the Mining Company;
- Make recommendations for approval and/or deliver to the Board of Directors of PAMDC all books of account, records, correspondence and any document (s) to do with or making reference to the business of the Mining Company;
- Ensure that the Mining Company meets both local and international regulatory and operational requirements;
- Maintain good corporate image of the Mining Company.
5.0 TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
This is a contractual job and an attractive package will be awarded to the successful candidate, who will be based in Johannesburg South Africa. The appointment will be on a Five (5) – Year Fixed Term contract with a possibility of renewal subject to acceptable performance and mutual agreement.
Applicants who meet the respective stated qualifications and experience should submit their latest detailed curriculum vitae with certified copies of their academic and professional qualifications not later than 16th March, 2018 clearly stating on top of the envelope PAMDC and the position applied for to:
The Director Human Resource and Administration
P.O. Box 80935
Kafue River Avenue
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will have their applications acknowledged.