Operations Manager Job: J&J Transport Zambia Ltd
J&J Transport Zambia Ltd. is looking for a suitably qualified individual who will be able to promote organizational excellence by managing its entire Fleet with a focus on delivery that is accurate, deliberate, consistent and precise.
Position: Operations Manager
Reports to: General Manager
- Retaining and acquiring business through exceptional service delivery and relationship building and assisting in commercial and contractual negotiations;
- Effectively managing and liaising with stakeholders, both internal and external;
- Maintaining standardized policies and procedures of operations across the entire department;
- Performing regular operational audits to ensure compliance and providing month end/quarterly reports;
- Liaise with representatives in Malawi, Zimbabwe, DRC and Mozambique to ensure that all issues are dealt with, response times remain quick and that border clearances and turnaround of trucks remain high priority;
- Liaise and coordinate at all times with customs and/or road authorities procedures as relates to the company and the movement of its trucks;
- Ensure cargo is allocated to trucks with due consideration to customer requirements and nature of the cargo and that required arrangements are in place at all times for timely loading and offloading of cargo;
- Ensure adequate funds available for Fleet movement as agreed with management;
- Developing and leading a cohesive team capable of planning and executing day-to-day activities in a safe, professional, efficient and cost effective manner;
- Managing human resources performance (Fleet staff) and development to optimize utilization;
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation including HR requirements and internal policies and liaise and coordinate with HR Department in regards with staff grievances and concerns;
- Liaise with Documentation Department and/or legal Department and ensure that the Fleet has got valid documents, insurances, licenses and inspections
- Contribute for the continuous development of business operational systems to benefit and reduce wasted time and ensure the same are used to their full functionality
- Ensure that information related to the interests of the Company and or the markets within which it operates are communicated to management;
- Contribute with any innovative ideas or ways that may improve the operations and/or efficiency of the company and share/communicate it in a proper manner to management;
- Ensure that all company risks are insured in line with company policy.
- Academic Background: Degree/ Diploma in logistics / transportation
- Experience required (minimum/maximum): 5-15 years in Transport and Logistics and experience in an International Company with thorough knowledge of Cross border transportation;
- Age (minimum / maximum): 30-45;
- Applicants must be Zambian or have a residence permit in Zambia
- Good understanding of the Business and Business needs;
- IT knowledge: excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products (word; excel; power point);
- Leadership Experience.
Preference (soft skills/behaviours)
- Good communication skills;
- Good judgment and high levels of responsibility and accountability;
- Hard worker, with high levels of energy and self-motivation;
- Diligent with strong attention to detail;
- Results orientated with delivery capabilities and good time management skills;
- Planning and Organization Skills;
- Decision making skills;
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, co-workers, Managers, Customers and 3rd parties;
- Conflict management ability;
- Pro-active management style with initiative, dynamism and assertiveness approach;
- Good judgment and ability to lead by example and demonstrate high ethical and moral behaviour whilst ensuring compliance with the Health and Safety, Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policies;
- Show high levels of skills and interest in developing others;
- Available to pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
Interested candidates are to send a cover letter and their CVs with copies of their qualifications to [email protected] by Monday 27th March 2017.
NOTE: All applicants are thanked for their interest, and only after completed assessments will the shortlisted candidates be contacted further.