Orbis International Zambia Currently Recruiting: Finance Manager
Title: Finance Manager
Location: Ndola, Copperbelt Province, Zambia
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Country Representative
The Finance Manager is responsible for providing financial and administrative services including bank/cash management and monthly reconciliations; management of internal and external audit, recording financial transactions into Orbis accounting system, preparation of budgets, donors’ reports, financial analysis and management reports as needed. S/he will also oversee and ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative roles are consistently carried out for all Orbis offices in Zambia (Copperbelt Province and North-Western Province (NWP)), Zambia. The Finance Manager is required to comply with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and ensure compliance with Orbis policies and procedures. S/he will be based in Ndola and will oversee the Finance Officer based in the NWP office in Solwezi.
REPORTING & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Finance Manager will report to the Orbis Zambia Country Representative and to the OI Director of Financial Analysis and Program Finance. S/he also works collaboratively with all of the Zambia program staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Perform the day-to-day financial management to ensure that finances are maintained in an effective, efficient and accurate manner.
- Record financial transactions into Orbis accounting system and submit monthly financial reports to Orbis New York office by the due date for each month
- Lead the process at the country office level during annual budget and donor budgets preparation and prepare donor reports as needed
- Ensure that budgetary and fiscal control policies and procedures are in place and strictly adhered to
- Ascertain that all payments are in line with budget and are executed as per Orbis’ standard procedure and established rules and regulations.
- Review petty cash transactions and reconciliations; perform unannounced cash count.
- Prepare bank reconciliation along with bank statements monthly; prepare monthly reconciliations of all other balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Prepare monthly payroll for all Orbis Zambia staff.
- Ensure that all payables and receivables are settled on time, with special attention to those, which are due to government authorities, and with special emphasis on all tax and PAYE payables
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services
- Prepare, verify, and process invoices and coding of all payment documents
- Manage the weekly/monthly payment run and keep complete and valid supporting documentation for all expenses and cash movements (cash deposits and disbursements) in a chronological order.
- Maintain the general ledger/spreadsheets indicating performance against approved budgets
- Ensure all paid invoices are stamped “PAID” to prevent double payments.
- Ensure that Orbis books are ready for auditing at all times by availing financial documents/information regarding disbursement and fund receipts and any other relevant documents
- Ensure all relevant approvals are obtained for all disbursement
- Ensure compliance with Orbis procurement policy and all other fiscal policies.
- Ensure the timely availability of project funds at site and control the timely settlement of same as per the standard procedures and formats
- Ensure that there exists sound and appropriate relationship with banks, tax authorities, financial and other institutions
- Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of non-conformities and ensure the timeliness of corrective actions
- Update the Fixed Asset Register with all required information on a regular basis
- Scan supporting documentation relating to financial transactions as needed.
- Produce monthly financial reports for each project per funding source code
- Receive and analyse reports from partners and ensure that they comply with the advance issued and supported by the correct documentation.
- Consolidate/capture the partner financial reports into Orbis accounting system prior to submitting monthly financial reports to OI in New York
- Provide administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations
- Maintain and file all transactional records (supporting documentation) in a systematic manner
- Disburse travel advances for staff in line with Orbis policy
- Review and verify travel claims and submit for approval
- Maintain a filing system for all financial documents
- Manage use and maintenance Orbis vehicle(s)
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial and employee files
The incumbent must have experience/proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- a minimum of 3 years working with an International NGO
- using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- experience using at least one accounting software
- fluency in English language (reading, speaking and writing)
- accounts payable and accounts receivables
- generally accepted accounting principles
- grant management/fund accounting, including for statutory donors such as DFID
- preparation of financial statements and financial reports
- office administration
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- accounting and bookkeeping skills
- analytical and problem-solving skills
- decision-making skills
- effective verbal and listening skills
- communications skills
- effective written communications skills
- computer skill with good MS-Excel knowledge
- Professional accounting qualification and skill (Diploma, Degree)
- Goods and services procurement processes
- Accounts payable process
- Willing to travel within Zambia and internationally as needed.
To apply, please submit a concise CV, contact details of 3 contactable referees, and covering letter to [email protected]. Closing date for applications: 23 March 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.