Orbis International Zambia Currently Recruiting: Temporary Project Officer
Project Officer: Copperbelt Province, Zambia (5-month contract)
Orbis International Africa is a non-profit organization working in Sub-Saharan Africa to reduce preventable and treatable blindness and visual impairment. Orbis seeks to appoint a Project Officer to support Orbis International Zambia’s work in Copperbelt province, which aims to strengthen child eye health services. This is a 5-month contract position, and the Project Officer will be based in Ndola.
- Co-ordinate high-quality project activities in Copperbelt Province, in conjunction with partners/stakeholders at tertiary, secondary and primary levels of eye health care
- Together with the Country Representative, develop implementation work plans annually for Orbis programmes in Copperbelt province.
- Together with the Country Representative and M&E Manager, conduct 6 monthly reviews and conduct project plan revisions
- Maintain strong relationships with provincial stakeholders
- Implement data management systems (data collection, analysis and quality assurance) and ensure data is received in a timely manner from partners
- Produce quarterly and annual Orbis reports, and quarterly case studies
- Ensure basic financial accountability of funds, including ensuring financial requests and reports are forwarded to Orbis Africa and filed on regular basis, and in accordance with the project budget
- Ensure that a comprehensive equipment management system is in place for the procurement and management of equipment and consumables
- Ensure compliance with Orbis donation policies and procedure
- Conduct desk-based research as required by the Country Representative
- Represent Orbis at key provincial meetings, and represent the Country Representative at key meetings in his/her absence
- Support all Orbis visits to Copperbelt province, including logistics and arrangement of stakeholder meetings as well as support to Orbis Volunteer Faculty participating in hospital-based programmes.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Programme/Project Management, Development Studies or a health-related subject
- 3 years’ demonstrated work experience in project/programme development and coordination and delivery of community-based support activities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and diplomacy skills, and ability to create strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders, including government
- Flexible, proactive, and open-minded work style; the ability to work productively both independently and in a team-based environment
- Experience of M&E and budget monitoring
- Strong report writing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of development issues
- Experience working with donors
- Ability to prioritize; strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills and good working knowledge of MS Office applications and the internet
- Oral and written fluency in English and local Zambian language(s)
- Availability to travel within the province Desirable:
- Experience within eye care.
- Experience working with national and international NGOs
To apply, please submit a concise CV, contact details of 3 contactable referees, and covering letter to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 1 March 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.