Orchid Ridge Latest Job Vacancy: Live-In Maid
a. Minimum of grade twelve certificate
b. Must be Zambian
c. Must be female and between the age of 20 and 25
d. Must be able to speak, read and write in English
e. Must be attached to and trained by a maid center (provide training certificate).
f. Preference will be given to applicants whose permanent residence is NOT in Lusaka
g. Must have basic cooking skills
DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The Employee shall perform the normal duties as a personal/domestic staff.
He/she agrees to perform the following checked duties as requirement of his/her employment:
- Put the absolute safety of the children first before all other responsibilities.
- Tend to children’s basic needs such as bathing, dressing, changing diapers, brushing teeth, and afternoon naps.
- Administer medicine to children as directed by the employer.
- Prepare meals for children during scheduled hours; clean up kitchen and dining table when completed.
- Participate and supervise activities with children, which would include; games, walks, play dates, playground outings and reading to children daily.
- Take notice of children’s meals, nap-time, medication, activities, and educational progress.
- Keep the children’s bedrooms and play area clean and organized; which includes making the beds, vacuuming the carpet, cleaning and disinfecting toys, etc.
- Clean children’s laundry (clothes and bed linens).
Meal preparation for the Employer.
- Grocery shopping with the Employer.
- Make beds-entire home.
- Clean kitchen and empty dishwasher-daily.
- Clean interior windows and mirrors.
- Clean, dust and vacuum entire house.
- Clean the Employer’s laundry-weekly.
Although this agreement outlines the key duties of the Employee, it is not all-inclusive and from time to time the Employee may be asked to perform additional duties that contribute to the safety and well being of the children.
WORK HOURS AND DATES
2. The Employee will perform her duties from Monday through Sunday, with a half day’s work on Saturday and Sunday.
3. The Employee shall receive a salary of K 1, 000 per month.
4. The Employer will arrange free medical treatment and attention in the hospital for the duration of illness or accident with full wages for the first 10 days. Thereafter wages will cease but medical treatment and attention will continue, if however, in the opinion of a qualified medical officer the Employee will not be fit for further service with the Employer.
5. The Employee shall receive paid holidays. The Employee shall also receive a total of four weeks paid vacation (20 weekdays) in a year, split into two leave periods (10 days each period) and to be taken ONLY during school holidays.
FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION
6. The Employee will be provided with accommodation and food free of charge. Both parties understand that the Employee cannot be required to remain on the premises after working hours without compensation.
7.The Employee understands that any and all private information obtained about the Employer during the course of her employment, including but not limited to medical, financial, legal, career and Employer’s assets are strictly confidential and may not be disclosed to any third party for any reason.
8.The Employee understands the Employer has a smoke free home and that smoking by the Employee or the Employee’s guests is never permitted in the home. The Employee agrees never to smoke while providing childcare to the Employer’s children even on walks, trips to the playground, outside activities or field trips.
9. All guests must be pre-approved by the Employer before being allowed entrance into the Employer’s home.
10. The Employee hereby certifies that he/she does not use illegal drugs and understands that such use is cause for immediate termination. The Employee is allowed to use home phone for local and long distance calls. He/she agrees to limit personal calls to 15 minutes or less. The Employee agrees to reimburse the Employer for all long distance charges.
11. The Employee shall not accept any other employment while working for the Employer.
12. The Following are grounds for immediate termination with cause:
a. Allowing the children’s safety to be compromised.
b. Inconsistent or nonperformance of agreed upon job responsibilities.
c. Dishonesty or lying to the Employer.
e. Breach of a confidentiality clause.
f. Persistent tardiness of more than 15 minutes without valid reason.
g. Unapproved guests.
h. Illegal drug use.
Please apply via email to [email protected] Attach all necessary documents
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]