Oxfam Latest Job Vacancy in Zambia
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy a life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 20 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development, and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are looking for an individual who is a dynamic, charismatic and credible leader, preferably a Mozambican National with the following:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Significant senior leadership and management experience in the development and delivery of the high-quality program, influencing and humanitarian strategy, with and through partners or directly, in one or more challenging locations;
- Demonstrated experience in mobilizing resources;
- Committed to a rights-based approach including an active commitment to putting women’s rights at heart of all we do as well as the rights of other marginalized people in all aspects of the organization’s work;
- Experience in leading and motivating multi-disciplinary teams, operating in geographically remote locations;
- A high degree of self-awareness and an understanding of how to drive and support excellent team performance and individual development in line with Oxfam’s values and policies;
- Experience in managing complex change processes and relationships involving a wide range of both internal and external multi-cultural stakeholders across a variety of disciplines and geographical areas;
- Proven track record of success in representing an organization with partners; government agencies, private sector organizations, media and donors at senior level; national and globally;
- Knowledge and understanding of how local institutions work and how these impact on Oxfam’s work in Mozambique;
- Proven track record of applying new technologies to programming or make use of existing technologies to innovatively influence program design and delivery;
- NGO Sector experience in Mozambique and in the Southern Africa Region is an asset;
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Portuguese.
At Oxfam, we believe that every aspect of our work can lead to a positive outcome. If you have the same opinion, together with the ability to meet the challenges involved, this role offers scope for immense personal fulfillment – as well as outstanding opportunities to develop your career.
Oxfam is committed to providing a competitive compensation package based on a 40-hour work week.
How to apply
If this sounds like you and you would like to learn more about this impactful role please click on the Job Profile attachment for all of the details.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.