Part Time Secondary School Teacher Wanted
Amilik Training Center Zambia
Amilik Training Center Zambia is a new professional education center aimed at specializing in high quality, structured tutoring for various educational programmes. Our aim is to ensure that students reach their full potential by achieving the best results in their exams. Amilak is now recruiting a part-time secondary school teacher that can deliver the following subjects:
Mathematics, English, Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Plan and prepare schemes of learning that meet the demands of the national curriculum and ensuring examination success for all students.
- Develop teaching strategies which, through appropriate and relevant learning experiences, reflect the range of learning styles of individuals which are necessary for the development of the individual student in the curriculum areas.
- Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use this assessment to inform future planning and teaching.
- Assess students’ strengths and weaknesses and their performance against potential targets.
- Mark and monitor assessments providing ongoing constructive written and oral feedback, setting targets for students’ progress.
- Through the process of assessment for learning, review students’ work and set targets for improvement.
- Monitor progress and use appropriate strategies to motivate students to achieve targets.
- Identify and support low-achievers, using specialist help where needed.
- Identify the needs of all identified groups of students and plan appropriately to meet their needs.
- Be willing and able to offer a second or third subject and contribute to thematic learning projects.
- Participate in the development of appropriate specifications, materials and schemes of work.
- Liaise with parents by oral and written reports, discussing progress and encouraging them to support their child’s learning.
Professional Skills and Experience:
- Be an excellent teacher with the ability to inspire students to become effective, self-directed learners.
- Have the skills and experience necessary to achieve outstanding examination results.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the requirements and opportunities of the secondary curriculum.
- Have experience of teaching a range of year groups including examination classes.
- Show evidence of having developed the learning capacity of students.
- Have relevant experience of working in comprehensive and multicultural environments.
- Have sound understanding of strategies to raise attainment.
- Demonstrate the ability to set up and operate effective self-evaluation systems.
If you meet the above specifications, kindly e-mail your CV to [email protected] by 25th January 2017. Kindly include salary expectation for part-time tutoring per month
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]