Partners Worldwide Latest Job Vacancy in Zambia: Partnership Manager
Partners Worldwide is a global movement that has been in existence for over 20 years, driven by its aspiration to end poverty so that all may have life and have it abundantly. Our mission is to mobilize long-term, hands-on global relationships to form a powerful Christian network that uses business as the way to create flourishing economic environments in all parts of the world.
Partners Worldwide seeks to recruit a suitably qualified candidate for the position of Partnership Manager for our work in Zambia.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the implementation of Partners Worldwide Mission, Vision, and strategy in Zambia.
a. Further develop the 3-year country growth strategy within the PW strategic organizational direction to move the organization forward, in collaboration with the Regional Director and the country board.
b. Manage country expenses within the annual budget and strategy.
c. Grow revenue to become a sustainable national revenue center.
d. Ensure timely compliance at all times of all government laws and regulations on taxes and other statutory requirements as well as ethical business practices for PW Zambia
2. Facilitate the growth and development of a partnership network that uses business as a way to create flourishing economic environments.
a. Promote Partners Worldwide in the region and engage in cross-agency initiatives to advocate for issues impacting those we serve. Maintain relationships with leaders and organizations with similar or complementary goals in the country.
3. The primary area of responsibility is equipping and fostering the growth of new and existing Local Community Institutions (I-CIS) and facilitating partnerships, relationships, and communication between those I-CIS, Business Affiliate (BA) members, and Partners Worldwide team members.
a. Grain storage business
i. provide direction & coaching to the storage business leadership and management, delegate effectively to accomplish goals, make timely decisions within the scope of the role, and model Partners Worldwide standards
ii. exhibit knowledge of business in tactical planning, resource allocation, efficient work methods, managing workflow, setting/clarifying expectations & meeting commitments.
b. Work with the farmers’ cooperative leadership and management in the creation and implementation of Annual Partnership Plans (APP).
i. work with the details and follow-through required action items for collection and management of metrics and finances for the partnerships
b. Work with BA members who coach and mentor local farmers
i. identify the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, delegating with oversight, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
ii. Facilitate partnership trips abroad and lead or accompany a partner, if requested
1. Initiate pre-trip and post-trip communications:
a. with BA trip participants including reminders to follow-through on information sheets and waivers, orientation materials, travel information, insurance, pictures, stories, volunteer logs, etc.
b. with LCI and BA team leaders on trip objectives, planning, and logistics
Education / Experience / Qualifications:
- College or graduate education in Business, Finance, Economic Development, International Business
- Development, or a related field from a reputable accredited University
- 3+ years’ experience working in business development in the private or non-profit sectors
- Demonstrated competency in multiple of the following areas: small business development, business mentoring, cross-cultural communications, business training, agriculture and agriculture value chain development, business networks, small business lending and finance, and organizational sustainability
- Knowledge of business development and community development issues in the region of responsibility
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype, and online reporting systems
- A sincere Christian faith, lifestyle, and values that are reflected daily; uphold Christian principles and demonstrate exemplary servant leadership at all times as an image bearer of God. In addition, this person will demonstrate the ability to relate well with Partners leaders in the promotion of God’s Kingdom through business development programs;
- Permanent resident of Zambia or the SADC region
- Ability to travel, including a valid/current passport to allow for international travel
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This person will be expected to travel regionally, nationally and internationally. This may include both urban and rural areas in accordance with on-going work plans. Individuals must be able to read, evaluate and respond to written and verbal communications.
- Regularly required to walk, sit and stand; use hands to finger manipulation, handle, feel, reach with arms and hands, and talk or hear. Work in various environments may require the employee to stoop, climb, sit or stand for periods of time.
All applications to include only CV and application letter (do not send certificates please) and in PDF format should be submitted through email to [email protected] on or before February 28, 2019.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. If you do not hear from us by March 15, 2019, we are considering another candidate for the position.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]