Peace Corps Zambia Current Job Vacancy: Class B Cashier
Peace Corps Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under listed Full-Time position.
In order to be selected for these positions, the applicant must be a Zambian Citizen, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit an application that clearly documents how they meet each of the following mandatory requirements. Applicants may apply for more than one position.
Class B Cashier
Starting Salary: ZMW 193,748.00/Annum
Work hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
For a preponderant amount of time, examines the most difficult and complex invoices and other requests for payment of goods and services in connection with, and prepares and/or examined vouchers relating to Peace Corps Zambia operations. Share in the use of a computerized financial management database to effect and record financial transactions
- Completion of secondary school with a minimum of One year college certificate in accounting, finance or a related field is required. A Diploma or equivalent professional certification in accounting or Business Administration will be an added advantage.
- Three years of performing progressively responsible work in voucher examining, allotment accounting, disbursing or bookkeeping.
- Level 3 (good working knowledge) of English is required.
- Must possess and apply substantive knowledge of travel regulations, standardized regulations, applicable IFO procurement regulations pertinent to contract performance, payment regulations as included in IFO Handbook and similar sources; Overseas Cuffs database use; and the organization, functions and workflow of Peace Corps Zambia.
- Must comprehend and logically and properly apply to the voucher examining process the various and detailed technical regulations and requirements established by various authorities. Must be able to read, interpret and apply provisions of leases and contracts to a variety of working situations making determinations as to whether there is a USG obligation and that there is a legitimate basis of disbursement of government funds. Since almost all workload is non controllable and emanates directly from sources, positions at this level require self-starters.
- Must be skilled in reading complex regulations and relating them to issues at hand. Must possess considerable skills in articulating complex issues orally and in writing, e.g., to explain disallowance of claims or to describe alternative or hypothetical conditions. Must be skilled in using computers to maintain the financial database. Must have tact and ability to explain clearly and convincingly the rationales for payment disallowance.
For detailed job specifications and submission instructions, please visit the US Embassy website:
Applications and supporting documentation including a typed cover letter, CV that clearly documents how you meet each of the above requirements, and at least three traceable references must be submitted by close of business August 28, 2018.
For LCF positions, please specify preference of languages.
Address applications to:
The Human Resources Specialist,
Peace Corps Zambia,
Plot 71A Kabulonga Rd.
P.O. Box 50707, Lusaka, Zambia
Email: [email protected] clearly stating your name and position applied for in the subject line of your email
(E.g. John Doe, Safety, and Security Manager)
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]