Peace Corps Zambia is Currently Recruiting
Peace Corps Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under listed Full-Time position.
In order to be selected for these positions, the applicant must be a Zambian Citizen, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit an application that clearly documents how they meet each of the following mandatory requirements. Applicants may apply for more than one position.
Provincial General Services Assistant/Driver VA 19/2018
Starting Salary: ZMW 106,923 .00/Annum
Work hours: Full-time; 44 hours/week
The Provincial General Services Assistant will, in the main, serve both as official Driver as well as function as the maintenance assistant for the provincial office and transit house to which they are assigned (Central Province office is located in Mkushi).
The driving aspects will be in close coordination with the Provincial Program Coordinator (PPC) and Peace Corps Motorpool Coordinator, and the house duties will be in coordination with the resident Peace Corps Volunteer Leader (PCVL).
The PGSA will serve as the provincial representative for Volunteer site visits and external stakeholder meetings in the absence of the PPC and/or PCVL
- Successful completion of secondary school including advanced certification in the field of Administration/Logistics/Procurement or related fields is required
- Must have a valid local driver’s license of class C level, at least five years of professional experience driving vehicles with manual transmission, a clean driving record, and at least two years of experience with basic vehicle maintenance
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in the field of Administration/Logistics/Procurement or related fields
- Work experience in construction and/or maintenance work and experience with bike maintenance is an added advantage.
- Good working knowledge of English; Knowledge of the Bemba language will be an added advantage
- Proficiency with Microsoft based applications such as Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and multi-cultural setting; professional experience working within an international organization is preferred
For detailed job specifications and submission instructions, please visit the US Embassy website:
Applications and supporting documentation including a typed cover letter, CV that clearly documents how you meet each of the above requirements, and at least three traceable references must be submitted by close of business August 28, 2018.
For LCF positions, please specify preference of languages.
Address applications to:
The Human Resources Specialist,
Peace Corps Zambia,
Plot 71A Kabulonga Rd.
P.O. Box 50707, Lusaka, Zambia
Email: [email protected] clearly stating your name and position applied for in the subject line of your email
(E.g. John Doe, Safety, and Security Manager)
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]