Pension and Insurance Authority Zambia Job Opportunities -10 Feb 2017
The Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA) is the regulatory and supervisory Authority for the Pensions and Insurance Industry in Zambia. The Authority supervises and regulates the activities of entities operating in the pensions and insurance market, which includes among others; insurance companies, reinsurance companies, insurance intermediaries, pension schemes, fund managers and fund administrators. The Authority hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions aimed at strengthening its institutional capacity.
Job Title: Manager- Legal Services
- Reporting to the Director, Corporate Services, the Manager- Legal Services will be taking lead in providing legal services to the Authority with a view of protecting the legal interests of the Authority
- To undertake litigation on behalf of the Authority
- Drafting of legal, policy and other operative documents for the Authority
- To provide legal advisory services to other departments or units in the Authority on matters pertaining to the implementation of or compliance with various legal requirements international supervisory standards and best practices
- To undertake legislation, review of pension and insurance regulations and drafts proposed for legislation or amendments
- Take lead with enforcement of relevant legislation
- Provide Board Secretarial and other corporate services as may be delegated by the Director Corporate Services.
- Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Receptionist is responsible for receiving and directing visitors to the Authority and operating the telephone switchboard
- To receive and attend to visitors
- To receive, make official calls and take messages
- To receive mail, reports, documents and conduct preliminary sorting
- To attend to basic customer queries
- To liaise with staff in relation to inquiries from the public.
Send your application letter, copies of certificates and Curriculum Vitae indicating names and contact details of three references to:
The Manager – Human Resources and Administration,
Pension and Insurance Authority,
4618 Lubwa Road, Rhodespark,