Pharmacy Technologist Job Vacancy: AIHA in Zambia :
- Company: AIHA
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
Position Title: Pharmacy Technologist
Dual Reporting Relationship: Reports the Project Director or designee in Country and to the Clinical Director at Meharry Medical College.
A consortium of four historically black colleges and universities (HBCU) (Howard, Meharry, Morehouse and Charles Drew) in the United States of America working in coordination with American International Health Alliance (AIHA), anticipates working with PEPFAR funding to support select Ministry of Health first level hospitals in Lusaka, Zambia. The HBCU Global Health Consortium project is designed to transform clinical HIV Practice to provide high quality, comprehensive, inter-professional care and treatment to people living with HIV.
The pharmacy technologist will work on the ground, implementing differentiated models of HIV service delivery in Lusaka to help alleviate congestion and improve quality of ART care in high volume HIV treatment sites. S/He will work in the ART clinic of Chilenje Hospital to ensure significant portions of stable ART clients, especially babies are referred and receive early treatment service through a quality improvement differentiated care model in their communities.
Essential roles and Responsibilities
- S/He will be required to undertake appropriate tasks leading to the following deliverables and furnish evidence of completion of duties and responsibilities to Meharry Medical College HBCU Project field coordinator. Deliverables are to be discussed during meetings with field coordinator and the Clinical Director at Meharry and documents all interaction with consumers/clients in electronic format, and in hard copy format as necessary.
Specific tasks include but not limited to the following;
- Work closely with Clinical Director and Project staff at AIHA, other Meharry project staff and facility ART staff in the execution of components of this project
- Work with the partners including CIDRZ, CDC Zambia, ICAP, HBCU partners, AIHA, and LDHO to identify community-based NGOs to serve as resources and support the implementation of the Chilenje quality improvement activities.
- Work with the STO to build the capacity of community-based healthcare facilities on the management of ART patients focusing on adherence support, monitoring of adverse drug reactions (ADR) and compliance with clinic appointments.
- Facilitate the process of working with the Chilenje Leadership and the Pharmacy Staff to track the care coordination of ART clients through care coordination model and to improve testing of clients for early diagnosis in the care continuum.
- Conduct frequent monitoring field visits to implementation sites and key issues associated with overall project efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure narrative reports are submitted to the Project Staff in country and to Meharry in a timely manner
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Meharry directly or through the Project Director and Project Coordinator stationed at AIHA.
- Participate in regular monthly meetings by Zoom and in-country face to face.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Diploma in pharmacy
- Registered with health professions council of Zambia
- Experience working in a government institution
- Knowledge and experience dispensing ART
- Knowledge and experience in ART commodity management
- Knowledge on current HIV treatment guidelines including adherence support and ADR monitoring.
- Able to Collect and analyze data
- Computer literate including skills in smartcare
- Knowledge in differentiated care and quality improvement
- Understanding of pharmacy and related healthcare industry, legislation and regulation
How to Apply
This position is for local Zambia hire. Please send your cover letter, CV and salary range to [email protected] by noon March 7th. Please put the position you are applying for in the title of the email.