Premises Management Senior Specialist Job: ZANACO – August 2017
Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Operations Division under the Premises & Facilities Department at Head Office:-
PREMISES MANAGEMENT SENIOR SPECIALIST
Responsible for the management of the organization’s buildings and premises including health and safety; procurement and contract management; as well as the management and delivery of new development projects within stipulated budget, timelines and quality standards.
Under the supervision of the Head Facilities & Premises Management, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:-
- To manage and lead changes and maintenance to buildings, premises and facilities to ensure minimum disruption to core activities.
- To plan for and lead new buildings, premises projects in line with key project parameters: Cost, Timelines and Quality and facilities to ensure minimum disruption to core activities.
- To prepare/provide input into all premises management and maintenance processes and procedures and policies and ensure implementation.
- To create a suitable and safe environment for the purpose and needs of the organization.
- To facilitate the appointment of Bank fire marshals, ensure training and certification and discharge of duties (including periodic fire drills).
- To ensure that all Bank buildings and premises meet health and safety requirements and that all new development projects comply with all relevant legislation.
- To prepare/provide input for and monitor budgets for various premises maintenance and development costs.
- To develop cost reduction strategies for all premises maintenance and rental payments.
- To oversee all property lease contract management and ensure that renewals and all relevant payments are done on time.
- To oversee all building health and safety inspections.
- To manage all interactions with key stakeholders including buildings department, Occupational Health, and Safety inspectors.
- To manage and monitor the performance of staff to ensure achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement.
- To motivate, coach and train staff in the department are adequately equipped to carry out duties and meet set targets and objectives.
- Any other responsibilities or tasks as maybe assigned by management.
- External: Contractors, Suppliers, Government Bodies/Organisations
- Internal: All Divisions
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects
- University Degree in Building Sciences or other relevant subjects
- At least five (5) years working experience in construction, building maintenance or a related field
- Certificate in project management is an added advantage
- Ability to micromanage a team/teams
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Financial management skills
- Decision-making skills
- Flexible/adaptable to change
- Problem-solving skills
- Team work
- Planning & optimizing
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Drive for results
- Risk Management
- Attention to detail
- Leadership and people management skills
- IT skills
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to [email protected] no later than Friday, 11th August 2017.
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]