Procurement Officer Wanted: IITA-Zambia – August 2017
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a non-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity.
IITA-Zambia is seeking to employ the services of qualified and experienced individuals to take up the following position:
Under the direct supervision of the Head, Finance & Administration, and in coordination with the Internal Procurement Committee, the Procurement Officer will be responsible for designing and implementing a sound procurement system following IITA’s Standard Operating Procedures.
Major duties and responsibilities of Procurement Officer: The major responsibilities of the Procurement Officer include the following:
- Assist in the development and maintenance of documented standards for procurement governance and procurement processes which result in value for money outcomes and minimize procurement risk.
- Develop and maintain organizational procurement capacity by providing training and support to staff with regard to procurement processes and governance.
- Provide operational support and advice to the Internal Procurement Committee and staff in relation to procurement, contracting and contactors management.
- stablish and maintain a Contact Register of prospective, potential and existing sources of supply.
- Place tender advertisements, review tender documents, and coordinate tender evaluation processes to ensure best practices in tendering and contracting.
- Prepare and arrange for the signing of contract documents
- Manage the record keeping requirements of the tender and contracting processes.
- Utilize risk management skills to ensure contractors and suppliers have appropriate insurance/work cover/bonds at all times.
- Manage contracts assigned to ensure compliance with specifications and service, quality and delivery standards.
- Promote excellent customer service, identify, review and implement strategies to improve service, quality and efficiency.
- Ensure the security of property and assets and maintain a commitment to the care of all property and assets.
- Perform other administrative duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply (Preferred), Advanced Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent qualification.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supply will be an added advantage.
- At least four progressive years of experience in an International Organization in Supply
Chain duties. Knowledge and experience in purchasing under donor funded projects is
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS)
- Good computer skills in common word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel), and
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should forward their curriculum vitae together with the cover letter in MS
Word format as one document stating in the subject clearly the position applied for by email to
[email protected] or by post to: Head, Finance & Administration, Southern Africa Research &
Administration Hub (SARAH) Campus, Plot 1458B, Ngwerere Road, Chongwe District, Lusaka, P. O.
Box 310142, Chelston, Lusaka, Zambia. Do also include a statement of your salary expectation (Net
Pay) in the cover Letter.
Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage. The closing
date for receipt of applications is 25th August, 2017.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]