Procurement Officer Wanted: University Research Co., LLC – September 2017
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Location: Lusaka or [TBD] provincial office, Zambia
Supervises: Procurement Assistant
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Procurement Officer will coordinate the procurement of supplies and equipment for project activities. S/he will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient functioning of all procurement and disposal activities of the project
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee procurement processes, including a review of purchase requisitions, request for quotations, supplier selection, negotiations, purchase and delivery forms, and coordination with the stock management officer.
- Spearhead the process of supplier Pre-Qualification and management.
- Management of leases, contracts, and agreements for services and goods
- Ensure URC and USAID procurement policies and procedures are adhered to
- Receive guidance from program staff, ensuring the follow-up of the local purchases supplied, payments, and delivery confirmation.
- Procurement of printing for training materials (stationery, manuals, handouts, etc.) and stationary for workshops, and other events.
- Update and maintain the project procurement tracker
- Stay abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules, and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; and train URC’s program and partner staff in these policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Experience & Qualifications
- A Bachelor of Procurement and Logistics Management or Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration or any other business related field With a Master’s degree in Procurement & Supply management or any other related field.
- Five (5) years’ practical experience in the field of Procurement and Supply management with demonstrable knowledge of Zambia procurement laws and regulations.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Excellent communication or interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Zambia for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.