PTS Bank Career Opportunities 2017
The Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank commonly known as the PTA Bank, is the financial arm of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA). The Bank’s objective is to provide short, medium and long term financing to viable projects and trade finance activities in member states.
The Bank is looking for self-motivated and results oriented individuals to join a team committed to building a world class financial institution. The Bank offers competitive tax free salaries and benefits commensurate with the standards of excellence that it expects. Interested and qualified candidates are therefore invited from nationals of member states to apply for the following position:
ECA FINANCE AND PARTNERSHIPS OFFICER
Reporting to the Head, Export Credit Agency (ECA) Finance, the ECA Finance and Partnerships Officer is responsible for structuring and execution of ECA supported equipment finance and project finance transactions.
The incumbent will be expected to handle ECA applications, approval processes and support the selection of ECA partners; prepare transaction presentations and teasers to facilitate securing of financing; participate in negotiating and executing funding arrangements; work closely with the Bank’s origination, business and support teams; undertake due diligence missions; relationship management with ECAs, multilateral financial and other relevant agencies, national development financial institutions, international commercial banks, credit insurance companies; and reporting.
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Banking, Finance, Accounting and Economics or equivalent with relevant professional qualification as added advantage.
- A minimum of 8 years of banking experience in a Commercial Bank or DFI environment.
- Proven experience and familiarity and working knowledge of ECA finance, project finance and trade and export finance.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of financing programmes of ECAs.
- Robust deal structuring and execution capabilities such as risk analysis, financial modelling, credit analysis, fund raising and legal documentation of ECA transactions.
- Results oriented individual with the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, manage dynamic priorities and work independently or as an integral part of a team.
- Strong communication, documentation, negotiation, marketing, presentation, project management and analytical skills.
- Fluent in English or French, ideally bilingual (English/ French).
Applications should include a resume, recent passport size photo, full contact address and the names and addresses of three referees. Candidates must have a good knowledge of the operating environment. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Interested and qualified candidates should express their interest by submitting their applications directly to [email protected] by 23rd January 2017.
The PTA Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.