Radiation Safety Officer Wanted at Zambia Radiation Protection Authority – August 2017
The Government of the Republic of Zambia created Radiation Protection Authority (RPA) through the enactment of the Ionising Radiation Protection Act No. 16 of 2005. The RPA is a body corporate which has a duty to protect the public, workers and the environment from the harmful effects arising from the use of devices or materials capable of producing ionizing radiation. In its continued effort to effectively carry out its mandate, the Authority seeks to employ appropriately qualified persons in the following positions:
Radiation Safety Officer (1)
To undertake the provision of regulatory services in order to ensure adherence to national and international set standards.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Undertakes timely and effectively the registration of applicants in order to assess their suitability to work in the radiation field
- Undertakes timely and effectively inspection of practices using radiation sources/devices in order to ensure compliance to set local and international safety standards
- Undertakes timely and effectively issuance, revocation, suspension of licenses in order to authorize practices associated with radioactive sources and devices that emit ionizing radiation
- Undertakes timely and effectively research in order to generate information
- Undertakes timely and effective monitoring and evaluation of radiation protection Programmes in order to facilitate implementation of appropriate interventions
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
Able to write analytical and technical reports
Able to communicate effectively
Qualifications and requirements
Grade 12 or its equivalent
B.Sc. in Physical Sciences or its equivalent
Instructions for submission of application letters and CV
Applicants that meet these requirements are encouraged to submit their applications and curriculum vitae not later than 25th August 2017 to:
The Executive Director
Radiation Protection Authority
P.O Box 50002
1. Please note that faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted and only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
2. Applicants are requested to reference the subject line of their application letter, clearly with the position they are applying for.