Recruiting Now: Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka
FRONT OFFICE RECEPTIONIST
- Is available to greet, welcome, register and assist guest.
- Knows all relevant SOP’s and follows SOP’s for all tasks.
- Checks the daily arrival list.
- Welcomes customers to the hotel.
- Responds to customer requests for information about the hotel and its surroundings.
- Arranges for special services requested by the customer.
- Stays current with developments in the hotel by reviewing the communication log book each shift; updates log book for next shift.
- Arranges fulfilment of customer services by working with Bell staff, Housekeeping, Reservations and Room Service.
- Allocates rooms and issues appropriate keys.
- Follows-up and verifies arrivals by updating registration cards in regards to spelling of guest’s name, address and method of payment.
- Ensures correct rate at time of check-in and checks with Service Manager should queries arise.
- Changes guest rooms if approved by Service Manager.
- Handles incoming guest room reservations.
- Handles reservations for guests with restaurants, Shuttle service etc.
- Is aware, at all times, of current room status and room availability.
- Is fully aware of Radisson BLU service concepts.
- Is fully aware of, and knows how to handle, all current and future hotel promotions.
- Utilises yield management to maximise room revenue.
- Increases hotel revenue by promoting food and beverage outlets within the hotel.
- Knows the names of key people within Radisson BLU.
- Minimises loss of revenue by adhering to all established credit procedures.
- Insures all guests establish credit upon check-in.
- Monitors customer accounts and brings problems with guest credit limits to the attention of the Service Manager.
- Improves timeliness of cash flow by adhering to established credit and inventory control procedures.
- Receives proper approval codes for cash and credit card paying customers.
- Identifies and records special billing instructions and notifies accounting and Service Manager.
- Completes shift closing accurately by getting appropriate approval signatures and authorisation codes.
- Adheres to hotel policies regarding the use of cash banks (‘floats’) and takes responsibility for own cash bank.
- Communicates effectively with guests, colleagues, and supervisors.
- Demonstrates teamwork by co-operating and assisting colleagues as needed.
- Communicates open and closed dates, availability and condition of rooms to the Service Manager.
- Keeps effective key control.
- Ensures that guest mail and messages are delivered promptly.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of all services and facilities of the hotel, and effectively assists the hotel’s guests.
- Issues safety deposit boxes to guests upon request.
- Uses the ABC approach to respond to negative comments and complaints; and notifies Service Manager immediately for appropriate follow-up.
- Works closely with all other departments to ensure 100% Guest Satisfaction.
KNOWLEDGE OF FRONT OFFICE TECHNOLOGY
- Perform all daily reception tasks (check-in, check-out, reservations, billing enquiries etc) using the Opera Property Management System.
- Is fully conversant with the hotel reservation system.
- Is able to operate switchboard, telefax, key equipment, credit card machines and printers, hotel alarm systems, and other Front Office equipment.
Position Requirements and Offer Details
The person that we are searching for must have:
- A solid background and experience within a branded 4/5 star hotel in the same/similar role
- A relevant qualification from a recognized University/College,
- Good command of English oral and written is a must.
- Highest personal ethical performance standards.
- Zambian National
Desired start date: 3rd April 2017
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Date: 10-03-2017