Rising Agri-Services Job Vacancy in Zambia: Agriculture Business Manager
- Company: Rising Agri-Services
- Location: Kabwe, Central Province, Zambia
- State: Kabwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Zambia
Rising Agri-Services is an enterprise that invests in Zambia’s small-scale farmers to help them engage in agriculture as a business venture. We identify and link small scale farmers to premium agricultural markets and help them to deliver agriculture produce to reliable and flexible markets. We are now looking for an Agriculture Business Manager to open our branch in Kabwe, central province.
- Supports field staff (Field Supervisors and Private Extension Agents) – to enroll farmers and to enter contract data in the Farmer Registry
- Supports the Marketing Team so that there is transparent in the marketing transaction between our farmers and produce buyers.
- Ensures comprehensive tracking of all marketing activities so that farmers are accurately paid according to the terms of their contracts.
- Works in partnership with the CEO and Production Managers to ensure field staff is well informed of service deliveries and upcoming events.
- Ensures field staff provides accurate data so that Rising Agri-Services can determine which farmers are making progress toward lasting income.
- Trains field staff on the tools they will use to support farmers.
- Creates easy-to-use processes and documents (e.g. contracts and performance analysis) to enroll growers, measure marketing results, and to calculate payment.
- To ensure high productivity of field staff, enforces guidelines on all tools and training
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Agriculture, Agricultural extension, Agribusiness management, Agricultural Economics, and any other agriculture-related qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in Agricultural extension, Agribusiness management or Agriculture Economics
- Good understanding of the agricultural sector and agricultural marketing in Zambia
- Relevant experience working at or with farmer organizations/cooperatives
- Large network within the agricultural marketing sector in Zambia
- Knowledge of agricultural market information systems is an added advantage
How to Apply
To apply send your Cover Letter, CV and qualifications to [email protected] before 15th May, 2018 at 17:00hrs with Agribusiness Manager as the subject of the email. Ensure your documents is saved as “first name-surname-ABM-Kabwe”. For example, james-miti-ABM-Kabwe