SAFE- Community Program Manager Wanted: Catholic Medical Mission Board – September 2017
CMMB JOB ADVERT:
Catholic Medical Mission Board (CMMB) is a leading faith-based NGO working to contribute to improving global health care for the world’s poor by building health, sustainable communities through community engagement and partnerships, seeks suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following position:
1. SAFE- Community Program Manager:
The Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE), the Community Program Manager will play an important and pivotal key role in coordination and providing oversight of the SAFE Project activities. S/he will oversee the Programmatic management of CMMB SAFE project in Zambia working in consultation with JSI the Prime. S/he will supervise and mentor CMMB SAFE staff to plan, implement and monitor SAFE project with integration of male involvement activities. S/he will support all SAFE project implementation levels/structures and design strategies to identify/strengthen linkages with regional health system and assist communities in assessing needs for men and designing strategies for improved male involvement. The Community Program Manager will work together with the regional and central office staff to integrate lessons learned and encourage transfer of best practices to increase male involvement and sustainability at the community level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight to strategies on program implementation, technical support, mentoring, and training.
- Work with the Community Mobilization Specialist to translate male conceptual frameworks of community health including those aimed at mobilizing men for HIV/AIDS, FP, MNCH, VMMC, Nutrition and other health services into practical interventions;
- Provide leadership at national level and to Provincial Coordinators, District coordinators, Champions and Champion mentors including Community based volunteers as they undertake the much needed community health work
- Provide guidance and supervision to the SAFE team in promoting uptake of the range of SAFE health products and services including ART, TB, HTC, FP and Nutrition
- Provide technical support in the mobilization of men to increase demand for HIV/AIDS, FP, VMMC, Nutrition and other services;
- Liaise with government, CSOs and traditional leaders to mobilize men to seek and access health services and products;
- Lead the implementation of SAFE activities for demand creation strategy ,including aspects of advocacy ,community mobilization and behavior change communication targeted at men;
- Coordinate, supervise the implementation of demand creation activities targeted at men and roll out and effective use of MOH and project approved male sensitive communication tools and materials;
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor of Arts degree- Social Sciences/nursing /medical sciences or Equivalent (MPH/any master’s degree/qualification will be an added advantage)
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Health related programs including HIV/AIDS and TB prevention and care programs
- Knowledge of and experience in working with private, national and/or local partners and other government agencies
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with the key stakeholders including Government and other implementing agencies
- Proven ability to write reports, program/project documents, conduct presentations and able to meet deadlines.
- Fluent in English, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Power-point, Internet etc;
- Cultural sensitivity.
All interested applicants should email application letters and Curriculum Vitae to cmmbzam[email protected] or send Hard copies to; The Senior Manager- Human Resources, Plot 20 Msuzi Road, P.O.BOX 320146- Woodlands, LUSAKA.
(Closing date of receipt of applications is Monday 15th September, 2017)
NOTE: CMMB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]