Sandvik Currently Recruiting: Business Controller Zambia – 2018
SANDVIK CENTRAL AFRICA seeks:
Business Controller Zambia
The Business Controller (BC) is responsible for assisting the Sales Area Business Controller (SABC) with country business control activities and to support the Business Line Managers. The role is responsible for monitoring, measuring, and analyzing business activities and to conduct continuous follow-up of performance. The local BC is also responsible to follow-up the application and adherence of the Sandvik Group policies and procedures.
Key performance areas
Business Growth and Development
- Participates in planning processes.
- Review business processes and procedures to advice Sales Area Business Controller about potential flaws, anomalies and errors
- Support Business Line Managers in financial issues – P&L and Balance Sheet matters
- Reviews and analyses operating results in relation to cost, forecasts and operating policies and advises the BLMs.
- Analysis of performance contracts profitability
- Review of sales, OSMI and GIGO reports
- Overall management of tax calculation and payment
- Ensures that all tax returns are done and reconciled to the general ledger
- To maintain the forecast numbers in Aurora and BPC
- To make updates to the product structure and ensure Aurora is posting correctly
- Ensure that parts and tools pricing is correctly updated by CSC into Aurora
- Ensure that the standard costs of parts and tools are correct in Aurora
- Customer profitability analysis
- Adhere to Sandvik Group policies and guidelines
- Performance contracts follow up
- Forecasts, monitors and controls expenses within the country organization
- Preparation of monthly cash flow forecast
- Preparation of Adhoc financial reports
Safety and Environment
- Complies with Sandvik Mining EHS policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe work practices.
- Ensures that all activities are carried out within Sandvik Values and according to Policies and Procedures.
- Takes responsibility for personal development and enhancement of skills.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, ZICA Diploma, ACCA/CIMA level II
- 3 – 5 years of accounting experience.
- Exposure to the mining or engineering industries
- Strong attention to detail
- Business knowledge of operations
- High level of business and financial analysis skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Results oriented
- Ability to produce timely, accurate and clear reports
Location: Zambia – Centre
Who may apply
All applicants outside Central Africa must ensure that they are able to secure a work permit and permanent residence prior to applying for any advertised positions. Notice period on all positions is 1 month from the date of resignation unless otherwise agreed to by managers. In order to qualify for one of the vacancies advertised, employee needs to have completed at least one year service in their current role.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website www.sandvik.com/career.
If you have any further queries, please contact us on +260 212 241 000.
Applications close: Friday, 2 March 2018
Job Reference No. 355682
Sandvik is committed to representativity in the composition of its employees and the creation of job opportunities across all sectors of the Zambian population.