Save the Children Job Opportunity in Zambia: MEAL Coordinator-Research
- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
The MEAL Coordinator-Research will be expected to support, implement, coordinate and monitor the outputs and outcomes of SCI Zambia’s research portfolio. This includes baseline studies, reviews, evaluations or any other study that supports the learning of SCI Zambia’s program portfolio. The MEAL Coordinator Research will bring a high level of technical competence and experience in order to ensure the studies are delivered with quality and on time. S/he provides constructive feedback and guidance to colleagues and consultants implementing the studies in the field. He/she will be responsible for ensuring adequate planning and execution of the fieldwork, data collection, analysis, reporting and dissemination strategies.
The MEAL Coordinator research will play a central role in the training of field staff in the requirements of different research projects and studies. S/he will be expected to provide regular technical assistance to the program staff through training, mentorship coaching and other methods of capacity building. Other responsibilities will also extend to building partner organizations’ capacity in research (both CSOs and government partners). The MEAL Coordinator Research will productively collaborate with other MEAL functions such as M&E, Accountability and Knowledge Management and Learning. S/he will coordinate the dissemination of the studies in close collaboration with the MEAL Coordinator Knowledge Management and Learning and the Communications and Advocacy department.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Develop and monitor implementation plans for all planned studies and research
- Track the implementation of SCI Zambia’s research portfolio and report on progress to supervisor on a bi-monthly basis
- Ensure adequate technical capacity and human resources to implement the studies/researches
- Liaise with partners (CSO, government) and involve them in the research/studies as required
- Liaise with Members in sharing updates and dissemination of the outcomes of the studies/learning
- Support the MEAL team in creating synergies between the research work and other MEAL functions (KM&L, M&E, Accountability)
- Build and oversee a database of consultants/free-lancers that have the required skills, knowledge and experience to implement SCI Zambia’s research work
- Develop and monitor the implementation of the consultants’ Terms of Reference and hold them accountable for agreed deliverables on time and with quality
- Support the design and adapt data collection instruments where required
- Proactively support the recruitment of the research team in the field, including data collectors, qualitative note-takers, and enumerators.
- Encourage a culture of professional excellence in field research teams, and adequately communicate and respond to capacity building requirements.
- Anticipate, identify and resolve all problems related to field implementation in a timely fashion by ensuring adequate contingency planning and, where relevant, escalating problems to the project management.
- Oversee all data collection and ensure adherence to the standard dimensions of data quality.
- Oversee and where necessary undertake appropriate spot-checks and other verification exercises for collected data.
- Oversee data cleaning and processing, including entry to a standard software package.
- Ensure use of adequate data visualization tools to enrich the presentation of research findings.
- Share findings from data analysis at participatory strategy review workshop, and facilitate these workshops
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least a Bachelor degree in economics, public health, demography, education, development studies or relevant discipline.
- Three years of experience in similar research-focused positions.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in designing and managing research studies.
- Proven experience in research methodologies, including qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, SPSS) and other Statistical and data management & analysis packages, including online based applications for data capture
- Conversant with data analysis software.
- Conversant with online and mobile data collection techniques
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, strategically and analyze complex information and offer creative, practical and effective solutions
- Fluency (verbal and written) in English and local language is essential.
- Commitment to Save the Children International values.
- Able and willing to work with CO (Lusaka) and Field Offices.
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively as part of a team.
Please visit our website on https://zambia.savethechildren.net/about-us for detailed job advertisement indicating specific requirements needed for the position.
How to Apply
Please send only your application letter clearly stating the position in the subject line with a detailed CV indicating 3 traceable referees, one of whom should have been the direct supervisor, through email to The Director Human Resources at [email protected].
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES
The closing date for receipt of applications is 21st January 2018 (Extended for one week).
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Save the Children reserves the right to re-advertise if suitable applicants are not found.