Save the Children International Job Vacancy: Finance Assistant (Treasury)
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development, and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including the Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following new position:
Position: Finance Assistant (Treasury) (1 New Position)
Duty Station: Lusaka
Role Purpose: Assist in the monitoring, reporting, and maintenance of the Country Office finances.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Timely and accurate preparation of cash and cheque payments including telegraphic transfers (TTs) based on the approved payment vouchers.
- Ensuring efficient and effective operation of the different bank accounts so that they are not overdrawn at any time.
- Review all expenditures supporting documentation request missing documents, authorization as per SOD and receipts for accuracy, completeness, and correctness of codes before preparing payment vouchers and issuing out cash and or cheques and receipts.
- Maintaining cash in hand insurance throughout the year as a safety measure and ensuring other controls in place for the safeguarding of cash in hand e.g. use of dual key safe etc
- Keep track of controls in close coordination with the Finance Officer for overall banking operations in the country
- Represent SC as a banking agent and ensure the safety of cash in transit and proper recording of cash withdrawn from the bank.
- Keeping track of funds available in the country to ensure smooth cash flow for programme operations.
Finance Documents Achieving
- Providing audit selections and responding to audit queries pertaining to cash and bank payments as well as temporary business advances and receipts.
- Communication with suppliers to respond to their queries and reconcile their accounts.
- Maintain voucher serial number control register
- Proper and chronological filing of transaction vouchers and supporting documents for ease of storage and retrieval.
- Participating in the timely posting of transactions in Agresso from time to time as may be called upon.
- Provide information to HR for the compilation of Withholding tax returns
- Maintain a system to track financial commitments and outstanding contract amounts by staff and third parties transacting with SC and ensure that they are diligently executed when due.
- Any other duties as assigned by the line manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Diploma in accounting
- At least 3 years’ experience in the accounting field, preferably with an NGO.
- High level of initiative, ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent Team working spirit
- Good computer skills in Microsoft excel
- Good accounting and finance management skills with knowledge of computer Accounting packages and understanding of basic accounting concepts.
- Self-motivated, flexible with demonstrated ability to meet set deadlines and high good integrity
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holders to have regular contact with or access to children or young people. In this regard, the job holder should be in a position to work and uphold the interest of Children and uphold the organization’s Child Safeguarding policy.
How to Apply:
Please send only your application letter clearly stating the position in the subject line with a detailed CV indicating 3 traceable referees, one of whom should have been a direct supervisor, through email to: The Human Resource & Administration Manager at [email protected]. PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES
The closing date for receipt of applications is 20th November 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Save the Children reserves the right to re-advertise if suitable applicants are not found.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]