Save the Children International Zambia Job Vacancy: Finance Coordinator
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development, and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including the Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following new position:
This position is responsible for day to day management of Finance unit. He/She ensures all payments are checked based on SCI guidelines, payments are processed and recorded to the financial systems on a timely fashion. In addition, the responsibility also includes review and sign off monthly payroll, severance accruals, clearance of all outstanding balance sheets accounts, lead on month end and year end processes.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Responsible for the oversight of the day-to-day management of the Lusaka Finance unit.
- Ensure all processed payments are properly reviewed, properly supported and complete, accurately coded, dually approved and timely processed.
- Liaise with the budget holders on exceptional cases, understand the engagements and provide necessary guidelines/solutions to both program and finance staff on actions need to be taken to mitigate the potential risks. Recommend change in the process if such a need arises.
- Review and sign off on the accurateness of the vouchers as well as the bank checks before the payments.
- Oversee the process of bank book maintenance and bank balance reconciliation.
- Oversee the voucher posting processes to ensure all vouchers are recorded and posted to the system on a daily basis.
- Review bank reconciliations on accurateness and correctness to ensure all the payments in the bank statements are accounted for.
- Maintain a bank signatory list and make sure it is updated on a monthly basis or whenever a need arises
- Ensure cash books are maintained and cash reconciliation is done on a daily basis.
- Responsible for ensuring all program/admin advances taken by staff are settled on a timely fashion.
- Review and sign off on the monthly payroll for SCI staff including calculation and payments of Income Tax as well as Social Security.
- Review and sign off on periodic severance, calculation as well as the allocation
- Regularly review trail balance and clarify the reason for the variances
- Lead on timely review and clearance of balance sheets account to ensure timely accruals, amortization, and clearance of assets and liability accounts, including account 2031.
- Lead on month end processes and draft Monthly financial report.
- Lead year-end as well as grant specific audits audit engagements. Ensure the process is timely scheduled and complete on a timely fashion. Work closely with the Finance Manager to address the findings.
- Ensure all finance documents are properly and orderly maintained.
- Review transactions booked on pool funding sources on accurateness and correctness
- Provide technical support and assistance to Budget Holders on budget/expenditure related issues.
- Capacity Building for Finance and None Finance staff
- Responsible for preparing the development plan and setting objectives of the staff within the unit.
- Monitoring the ongoing performance, providing a feedback as well as capacity building of the staff in the unit
- Any other related tasks as requested by Supervisor.
Emergency Preparedness and Response
- In case of emergency, contribute to finance services.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Accounting & Finance, or Full ACCA/CIMA or Finalist with relevant other qualification
- Recommended 5 years of relevant work experience as an accountant, auditor, etc.
- Experience working with International NGO is added advantage
- Proven experience managing the team.
- Excellent organizational & communications skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skill in budget preparation and making financial analysis
- Good proficiency in spoken and written English
- Excellent computer skills especially in spreadsheet & data analysis (excel & access) and familiarity with accounting software is preferred. Knowledge of Agresso would be an advantage
- Flexible attitude and willingness to work extra hours to get the job done
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values, and principles including rights-based approaches
- Must be a member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holders to have regular contact with or access to children or young people. In this regard, the job holder should be in a position to work and uphold the interest of Children and uphold the organization’s Child Safeguarding policy.
How to Apply:
Please send only your application letter clearly stating the position in the subject line with a detailed CV indicating 3 traceable referees, one of whom should have been a direct supervisor, through email to: The Human Resource & Administration Manager at [email protected]. PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES
The closing date for receipt of applications is 20th November 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Save the Children reserves the right to re-advertise if suitable applicants are not found.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]