Save the Children Job Vacancy in Zambia: Communications and Campaigns Coordinator
- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
Position: Communications and Campaigns Coordinator
Duty Station: Lusaka
The Communication and Campaigns Coordinator (CCC) will increase Save the Children’s visibility in Zambia and in the region of Southern Africa in the five thematic areas. He/she will use social media and other communication strategies to implement campaign objectives, raise the profile of SC in Zambia, give visibility to SC Zambia’s advocacy, raise the voice of children in Zambia and disseminate SC Zambia’s knowledge to the general public. The role will oversee relationships with the media.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The Advocacy and Communications Coordinator will:
- Deliver ambitious campaign plans to engage and influence the government, in line with agreed organisational objectives, and provide strategic insight to wider Save the Children International advocacy efforts
- Build profile and credibility for Save the Children, especially on our priority issues, by being a convincing spokesperson for the organisation on and offline
- Be a strong internal and external networker, building relationships with various departments, gathering information, stories and resources to implement SC Zambia’s communication strategy
- Lead in designing communication interventions, especially in providing leadership in designing promotional materials, communication materials for various projects, including IEC materials, developing and maintaining a photo database, edit project studies for publications.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Communications;
- Substantial experience in campaign planning and implementation in substantial experience in campaign planning and implementation in Zambia or an African country;
- Knowledge of the media and its role in raising awareness and shaping public policy;
- Existing network with media in Zambia and beyond (TV, radio, written, online).
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holders to have regular contact with or access to children or young people. In this regard, the job holder should be in a position to work and uphold the interest of Children and uphold the organization’s Child Safeguarding policy.How to Apply
Please send only your application letter clearly stating the position in the subject line with a detailed CV indicating 3 traceable referees, one of whom should have been a direct supervisor, through email to: The Director Human Resources at j[email protected].
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES
The closing date for receipt of applications is 20th April 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Save the children being a Child Safeguarding organisation reserves the right to check (through references) that candidates being considered are suitable to work with Children.