Sebafoods (Z) Limited Latest Job Vacancy: Accounts Clerk
Seba Foods Zambia Limited is a Zambian registered company incorporated in1997 and a renowned producer of maize and soya based consumer food products. Over the years, the company’s products have become household names in Zambia, priding themselves in a very high – quality products through well-known brands such as Golden Goodness and instant Thobwa.
Seba foods is committed to producing high-quality food products only from the finest quality soya beans and maize, sourced from local farmers in Zambia. The company’s ethos of providing the best possible quality from seed to the shelf has over the years been a proven mark for the brands and has been enjoyed by many Zambians and beyond.
In addition to our food processing, our aim is to increase efficiencies in the soya value chain and improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers. We anticipate building smallholder farmer capacity for thousands of targeted smallholder farmers in soya beans production, aggregation, and marketing, of which 50% are women, by working on the grass-root levels to improve yields for these farmers.
Reporting to the Accounts Executive, he/she will play a critical role and will be accountable for all data entry and account reconciliations, whilst being trained for monthly reporting and filing monthly returns.
- General responsibility for posting and recording of all accounting records.
- Posting purchases from a supplier and maintaining records
- Posting of petty cash for all outlets
- Daily preparation and posting of receipts
- Bank Reconciliations
- Booking expense entries in an ERP
- Posting of monthly Journal vouchers in the ERP
- Filing monthly returns for PAYE, NAPSA, VAT and other statutory obligations
- Ensuring correct statutory deductions from Payroll and timely remittances with Statutory Authorities.
- Preparation of sales invoices, sending daily sales reports, preparation and submission of weekly
- Follow up extensively with debtors
- Maintaining stock position (finished goods, semi-finished goods, raw materials, packing materials,
- Preparing of payment vouchers for all suppliers
- Preparation of landed cost for imports
- Preparation of import and export schedules
Solving Problems and Getting Results
- Accept responsibility for resolving a problem to its final conclusion;
- Drive achievement and the on-going improvement of business results;
- Show dissatisfaction with poor performance and drive processes to achieve business goals;
- Strive to achieve agreed deadlines and standards, especially when the going gets tough or the anticipated situation changes;
- Review and evaluate proposals in line with broader business strategies;
- Know when to move on to the next opportunity and not invest too much time on “spent” business opportunities;
- Apply a systematic problem-solving approach to identify causes, explore alternatives and decide on the best course of action to resolve the problem now and into the future.
Key qualifications and requirements
- The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree / Diploma in accounting or business administration/ ZICA Technician.
- Microsoft Excel Proficiency
- Experience in pastel, tally, SAP, Oracle or similar accounting platforms with a sound understanding or working with an ERP is a plus
- 1+ years’ professional working experience
- Industry experience in food processing, distribution or manufacturing is a plus
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]