Self Help Africa Latest Job Vacancy in Zambia
Self Help Africa (SHA) is an International non-profit organization implementing food security and livelihood projects in rural Zambia. SHA’s mission is to develop enterprising solutions that enable small holder farmers to achieve a better quality of life. SHA is seeking applications from qualified individuals for the positions of Team Leader for an anticipated two (2) year project to be funded by Global Environmental Facility.
The anticipated project will focus on strengthening the adaptive capacity of Zambian livestock farmers to the impacts of climate change. The project will in particular seek to increase incomes of beneficiaries especially women and youth through provision of only locally adapted livestock (goats, sheep, and dairy cattle) that will ensure sustainability and multiplication of benefits. The Team Leader will be based in Northern Province and will have the responsibility of providing overall project leadership and technical oversight in project implementation.
Position: Team Leader
- The Team Leader will be responsible for providing the overall strategic vision and leadership for the anticipated project.
- He/She will lead the implementation of the project and oversee the programmatic, financial and administrative aspects of the project.
- Lead promotion and adoption of suitable and sustainable livestock production practices across different operating contexts
- Provide timely advice and guidance on all matters related to increasing livestock productivity to ensure the project can be developed and implemented according to plan
- Support the implementation of strategies to promote and engage vulnerable groups, particularly women and youth in farmer productivity, market participation and increased wealth creation activities
- Work with technical team and relevant partners to develop capacity development/training programmes for farmers on improved practices and animal husbandry.
- Identify major livestock production constraints and propose ideas to address said constraints.
- Monitor all project activities and make recommendations for modification, improvement or introduction of new activities
- Track progress and produce quality reports on a regular basis (Monthly, Quarterly and Annually
- Maintain effective communication with all implementing partners and key stakeholders and coordinate project activities with relevant institutions and similar projects in the target area.
- Ensure coordination of the project to overall SHA program
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that the applicants will have:
- Formal education up to Masters degree level in the field of livestock production
- Minimum of five years of experience in managing and implementing livestock related projects. Past NGO experience not a must but will be added advantage
- At least 3 years knowledge in participatory methodology/approaches in community mobilization
- Proven skills in project management and organizational development.
- High-level skills and experience in facilitation and report writing.
- Computer literate with experience in using Microsoft Office suite (primarily Word and MS Excel).
- Excellent verbal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership, management and supervisory experiences with teams and professional groups in a cross-cultural environment
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- Clean drivers licence
Send your applications including full to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 27th September 2018.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]