Senior Advisor, Prevention and MNCH Services Jobs Needed in Lusaka, Zambia
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Senior Advisor, HTC/eMTCT/FP
FHI360/Zambia with support from USAID/PEPFAR, implements the Zambia Prevention, Care and Treatment Partnership II Bridge Project (ZPCT IIB). The project works with the Government of Zambia to scale up and expand access to HIV/AIDS biomedical interventions including antiretroviral therapy (ART), prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV (PMTCT), male circumcision (MC) and voluntary counselling and testing.
FHI360 is anticipating the release of the upcoming USAID project known as Securing an AIDS Free Era (SAFE). It is expected that this project will continue and expand this important work. We expect that the new project will specifically advance and deliver state of the art technical expertise in effective and tested approaches to provide comprehensive HIV/AIDS services. The project will continue to prioritize focused, high impact, cost effective and geographically targeted activities.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
Under the technical direction of the DCOP/Director of Technical Support (DTS), the Senior Advisor Prevention and MNCH services will provide technical oversight in the implementation of high quality care and support activities with primary focus on HIV testing services (HTS) and elimination of mother to child transmission of HIV (EMTCT) and family planning/HIV (FP/HIV) integration services.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership, oversight and support related to EMTCT/HTS and FP/HIV integration strategies and approaches related to implementation of programs.
- Support and coordinate the design and implementation of components related to EMTCT/HTS and FP/HIV integration in field-level projects and programs.
- Collaborating with GRZ and other key stakeholders, provide technical support in the development of guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation of EMTCT/HTS and FP/HIV integration services.
- Supervise and provide technical support to all Provincial EMTCT/HTS technical Officers
- Leads in the development of lessons learned from HTS, EMTCT and FP/HIV integration programming within and outside the project and applies these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new programs.
- Lead the process of planning and monitoring
- A lead person in the preparation of quarterly reports for the unit
- Identifies or /implements science related projects to HTS, EMTCT and FP/HIV integration
- Development of capacity building, including mentorship activities, and collaboration between Governmental and non-governmental partners
- Provide leadership in the development of research proposals and coordination of research work activities including making research presentations