Senior Finance Officer Job Vacancy in Lusaka, Zambia
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Finance Manager
FHI360/Zambia with support from USAID/PEPFAR, implements the Zambia Prevention, Care and Treatment Partnership II Bridge Project (ZPCT IIB). The project works with the Government of Zambia to scale up and expand access to HIV/AIDS biomedical interventions including antiretroviral therapy (ART), prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV (PMTCT), male circumcision (MC) and voluntary counselling and testing.
FHI360 is anticipating the release of the upcoming USAID project known as Securing an AIDS Free Era (SAFE). It is expected that this project will continue and expand this important work. We expect that the new project will specifically advance and deliver state of the art technical expertise in effective and tested approaches to provide comprehensive HIV/AIDS services. The project will continue to prioritize focused, high impact, cost effective and geographically targeted activities.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
To act in collaborative capacity with the Associate Director, Finance and Administration with the objective of providing professional accountancy services consistent with generally accepted accounting principles. S/He is expected to assist in the development, implementation, monitoring and coordination of projects activities as outlined hereunder.
Duties and responsibilities
- Review of all GFAS invoices and journal entries
- Review physical inventory listings as per established FHI standards, which include inventory, listing and reconciliation of records to the GFAS accounting system
- Perform accurate and timely reconciliations of petty cash, bank statements, Advance to Field balances (per FHI General Ledger to GFAS Country Office Balance/Sheet), and other receivables, liability, pre-paid (including travel advances), deposits and payables
- Provide back-stopping support to the Field offices
- Review of bank reconciliations for all the project bank accounts
- Primary responsibility for conducting pre-awards and financial reviews of implementing partners
- Supports the Financial Analysts in providing training to new GFAS users
- Preparation of monthly cash requests for all the projects in the Country Office
- Project funding pipeline forecasts are performed on a regular basis in current templates per deadlines, and transitioned to updated tools and processes as directed by FHI Financial and Global Operations management.
- Carry out such duties as may be assigned