Senior Officer – Compliance Monitoring: Zambia Public Procurement Authority
- Company: Zambia Public Procurement Authority
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job Category: Government Jobs in Zambia
- Position: SENIOR OFFICER – COMPLIANCE MONITORING, ZPPA 05 /1
To assist undertake inspections and investigations to monitor due compliance with public procurement regulations and procedures.
2.0 STATEMENT OF MAIN DUTIES
Under the guidance of the Principal Officer – Compliance Monitoring (Parastatals & Councils) the job holder is responsible for undertaking inspections and investigations to monitor due compliance with the regulations and procedures in accordance with the Public Procurement Act No. 12 of 2008 and Regulations.
2.1 Undertakes investigations and inspections of Procurement Entities in Parastatals and Councils to ensure due to compliance with Public Procuring Guidelines and Regulations.
2.2 Prepares inspection reports with recommendations with the assistance of other team members and refers to the Principal Compliance Officer (Parastatals & Councils).
2.3 Monitors procurement of goods, works, and services by procuring entities to ensure transparency and accountability.
2.4 Studies reports of Parastatals and Councils procuring entities in order to monitor procurement issues.
2.5 Decides on a day to day operations and prepares individual work plan to ensure smooth implementation of programmes and activities.
2.6 Inspects procurement records and proceedings of parastatals and Councils.
2.7 Administers and enforces the Act.
2.8 Follows up action on implementation of recommendations by Parastatals and councils.
2.9 Performs other lawful duties assigned by superior from time to time.
- Education: Full Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with five (5) credits or better.
- Vocational Requirements: Bachelor of Science Degree in Procurement or Bachelor of Arts Degree in a Social Science or related field with a Diploma in CIPS.
- Relevant Post-Job Experience: Two (2) years in the procurement field.
- Age: Must be 22 years and above.
4.0 SKILL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Good writing and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills.
The appointment of the Senior Officer – Compliance Monitoring is on the permanent and pensionable basis.
6.0 APPLICATION PROCESS
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence and should comprise a CV and certified copies of Grade Twelve (12) Certificate, Bachelor’s degree and any other relevant Certificates including Transcript of degrees, National Registration Card, and current practicing Certificate of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS).
The Director General
Zambia Public Procurement Authority
Stand 11790 Sub J
Off Alick Nkhata Road
P. O. Box 31009
The closing date for receipt of applications will be Friday, 1st December, 2017 by close of business (17:00 hours). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.