Society For Family Health Zambia Recruiting: Project Manager – June 207
Society for Family Health is recruiting for the position of STAR Project Manager to be based in Lusaka at Head Office. The STAR Project Manager will be responsible for managing the STAR Project by providing technical support to all the sites nationwide to ensure the program is implemented in accordance with acceptable national testing standards and SFH policies and strategic objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for ensuring the management of the STAR Project by providing technical support to all the sites nationwide to ensure the program is implemented in accordance with acceptable national testing standards and SFH policies and strategic objectives.
- Manage the implementation of UNITAID HIV self-testing (HIVST) STAR Project
- Develop work plans and budgets aimed at guiding the program activities.
- Track progress against targets and provide timely technical support and advice to the implementing teams.
- Provide technical supervision and support to the Regional Managers in order to build capacity to enhance the quality of HIVST.
- Track the overall STAR project financial performance by monitoring the execution of expenditures against planned activities and control costs to ensure consistence in expenditure with planned activities.
- Represent SFH at the National Ministry of Health, Donors and other collaborating partner meetings.
- Plan workshops and conferences in order to strengthen stakeholder relationships.
- Develop procurement plans for the project materials and other commodities and provide technical support to procurement and warehouse sections to ensure constant availability of stocks as well as procurement of correct commodities.
- Prepare and submit internal and external reports documenting the project’s achievements and challenges in order to provide feedback on the progress of the program implementation.
- To provide input in SFH resource mobilization efforts/proposals to ensure resources for the counseling and testing program implementation are included.
- Provide technical support to communications and marketing department on information, education, and communication so that clients receive quality information aimed at improving demand for HIVST services.
- Performs any other related duties as delegated by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Clinical Medicine, Biomedical Sciences or Nursing
- Master’s in Public Health or equivalent preferred
- 5 years’ experience in HIV programming, professional counseling and project management.
- Significant experience in programmatic/financial management of donor funded programme (s) will be an advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of the Ministry of Health and Provincial and District level public health environment.
- Experience with implementation of research projects
- Experience in managing large budgets.
- Strong knowledge and experience in implementation Monitoring & Evaluation systems and Monitoring & Evaluation frameworks
- Familiarity with international health, development issues and the international donor community
- International Non-Governmental Organisation (INGO) experience strongly preferred
Other skills and attributes
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams and work cooperatively and comfortably with all levels of contacts
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness of information
- Strong organizational, oral and written skills with excellent knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Ability to meet all deadlines including reporting deadlines
- Strong report writing, editing and facilitation skills to support meetings with a variety of stakeholders
- Should possess strong listening, enhanced communication, facilitation, analytical problem-solving , and negotiating skills
- Able to collaborate effectively across department
- Highly motivated, organized and able to work independently with minimum guidance
- Results oriented
- High level of integrity
- Strong budgeting skills and cost consciousness
- Willingness to travel to field platforms on a frequent basis
- Firm and fair
PLEASE EMAIL APPLICATION AND CV
TO:[email protected] or send to The Director-Human Resources, Society for Family Health, Plot No. 549, Ituna Road, and P.O Box 50770, Lusaka. Clearly, indicate STAR Project Manager -APPLICATION.
Closing Date: 20th June 2017.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]