St. Ignatius College Ongoing Recruitment in Zambia: Art Teacher
- Company: St. Ignatius College
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job Category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Zambia
ST IGNATIUS COLLEGE
VACANCY TO BE FILLED (1)
AN ART TEACHER
St Ignatius College is a private non-profit Catholic Jesuit School located in Ibex Hill Lusaka and wholly owned by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). Established in 1979 by the Leopards Hill Trust, the college is one of the oldest private schools in Zambia.
In 2012, The Jesuits took over the running of the college and continue today a tradition rooted in the Jesuit approach to education. One of the great strengths of St Ignatius College is the commitment on not only academic excellence but also on the curricular leadership and community service. The aim of Jesuit Education is to provide academic excellence and quality education of the whole person in the Jesuit tradition. Further, the Jesuits desire a school that is centered on moulding tomorrow’s leaders to work for others in pursuit of a just and humane world.
Motto: Learning for service of God and Others.
Our Mission – Our Purpose
To mould leaders who are emotionally intelligent, environmentally conscious, spiritually reflective, and engaged in academic rigor by investing in learning and teaching.
Our Vision – Our Collective Dream
Young leaders empowered in the Ignatian tradition working towards a just and humane world.
Our Values – Our collective Heritage
Our values, exposing the new spirit of the college and its key stakeholders, are
- Holistic and complete learning culture
- Constant striving to be better and more
- social justice for all and in all
- value in diversity and unity
The College is Seeking to recruit a dynamic, motivated, enthusiastic and qualified individual in the role of an Art Teacher with the combination of Literature.
Overall Job Purpose
The Art Teacher will be responsible for developing in each student an interest in and the ability for creative expression in visual terms, using skills and techniques of artistic expression consistent with college guidelines. To develop aesthetic understanding and appreciations, to discover and develop talents of students in the field of Art.
- Teach knowledge and skill in art, including drawing, painting. Lettering and art history
- Provide instruction by which students develop aesthetic concepts and appreciations and the ability to make qualitative judgements about art.
- Demonstrate techniques in activities such as drawing and painting.
- Understand a variety of master’s techniques.
- Knows and can apply elements of design and modern principles of art
- Knows the fundamentals and different approaches to drawing media techniques
- Provide individual and small group instructions to adapt the curriculum to needs of students with varying intellectual and artistic abilities, and to accommodate a variety of instructional activities
- Instruct students in proper care and use of tools and equipment
- Organize storage areas and control use of materials, equipment and tools to prevent loss or abuse, and to minimize time required for distribution and collection
- Evaluate each student’s performance and growth in knowledge and aesthetic understandings and prepare progress reports.
- Plan and present art displays and exhibitions designed to exhibit students work for the college and the community.
- Communication with parents and college counsellors on pupil progress
- Participate in curriculum and other developmental programs, such as after college art club perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Department
- Full Grade Twelve School Certificate with 5 O levels.
- Degree/ Diploma in Art / Language / Literature
- Three to five years of experience of teaching
- TCZ certification a must
- Must have three traceable referees.
THE PERSON must:
- Posses a strong personality and character
- Be a Team player.
- Be very Honest.
- Be a confident communicator with shrewd decision-making skills.
- Be able to manage a demanding and progressive workload. A result/ performance oriented person.
- Possess the credibility to forge effective working relationships with senior management and other staff.
- Knowledge of Art work
- Mature disposition
- Tact and diplomacy required in solving problems
- Negotiating skills
- Confidentiality and Integrity
- ICT Skills and capacity to building skills are critical.
In return you can look forward to a competitive reward and benefits that include pension, life assurance and medical.
N.B: Applicant for positions at St Ignatius College are expected to support the school’s mission and contribute to what St Ignatius strives to accomplish as a Jesuit institution.
How to Apply
Please apply by submitting a cover letter, professional, academic qualifications and a comprehensive CV to:
The Human Resource Officer St. Ignatius College P.O. Box 34114 LUSAKA
email: Submission can either be sent by email to: [email protected]
Deadline for application 20th April,2018.