Standard Chartered Bank Job Opportunities in Zambia: Regional Head, Retail Banking
- Company: Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Zambia
- To drive and ensure delivery of superior performance of the Retail Banking business in Zambia and Southern Africa in accordance with agreed strategic plans and budgets.
- To maximize the growth, quality and profit potential of asset, liability and fee services for the personal financial services market through effective management of marketing mix and available resources in Zambia and Southern Africa
- Drive changes to aggressively attack the competition and meet customer requirements in Zambia and Southern Africa.
- To build a strong culture of sales through service and through the effective implementation and embedding of a strong service focused culture
- To ensure Standard Chartered Bank Zambia represents the Valued Behaviours as a Human Bank which is serving its Purpose
- To develop Retail Banking business in Zambia and Southern Africa through:
- Migration of best practice in relation to products, promotion, pricing, distribution, people, processes and Client experience.
- Co-ordinating development of sound Retail Banking strategies, credit policies, product programmes, HR strategies for Zambia and Southern Africa.
- Establishment of strategies, objectives, plans and budgets and control systems necessary to effectively manage and operate the Retail Banking business in Zambia.
- Production of sound budgets, operating plans and strategic plans consistent with Group and Regional plans and budgets.
- Ensuring a high quality of trained & motivated staff is selected and retained
- Establishing and effectively operating a comprehensive operating and processing capability that will cost-effectively meet business requirements
- Ensuring sound marketing plans (including sales management plans and sales targets) are in place.
- Developing and maintaining an effective communication function utilizing advertising and PR to establish a positive, highly visible image for the Bank, to effectively sell the Bank’s services, capabilities and image to the public and staff.
- Developing promotional activities by sourcing and adapting appropriate Group materials. Vetting promotional plans prior to printing and launch.
- Assist with product Planning process including new product development and submit for approval by Region/Group.
- Directing the Retail strategy and performance in Southern Africa covering Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe as well as managing the existing Mortgage business in the Republic of South Africa.
- Build an in-country and subregional organisation and management team capable of delivering outstanding performance against competition in Zambia and Southern Africa
- Establish and address an agenda of top issues/opportunities to improve Retail Banking in-country and sub regional performance and growth
QUALIFICATIONS – training, licenses, memberships and certifications
- Seasoned and engaging professional
- Graduate with at least 10 years work experience
- Demonstrated track record of success gained through broad experience in Retail Banking