Standard Chartered Bank Jobs in Zambia: Sales (C & I Banking / Financial Market / Sales / J1054)
- Company: Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Zambia
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for Associate Director, Financial Markets Sales
If you’re a bright mind with big ambitions, we’ll actively encourage you to fulfil your potential. Thanks to our rich and varied international footprint, we can offer exciting opportunities working across different countries and cultures. Apply Now and take the next step in fulfilling your potential.
- To drive Treasury marketing activities towards attainment of the financial targets.
- To put a strategy in place for increasing the Bank’s Share of existing clients business (FX, Bonds, Money Market and Structured Products) & for enlarging the current portfolio of clients.
- To devise systems whereby results of the marketing efforts are reviewed periodically with the Head of Financial Markets Sales and other team members, and reconciled against targets.
- To increase new products and initiatives in the market place with the object of improving profitability.
- To conduct presentation to existing and potential customers in order to increase awareness of the Treasury products and to build relationships.
- To set up new revenue streams by exploring new market niches and selectively introducing new products.
- To actively target and onboard new clients into Financial Markets
- To set up a clear and coherent marketing plan.
- To set up an aggressive calling plan across existing & potential clients.
- To monitor business performance on an ongoing business vis-à-vis budget & take proactive measures to achieve it.
- To conduct a competition scan periodically to determine the Bank’s standing in the market place & communicate it to Head of Financial Market Sales
- To work closely with CIB with a view to expanding Financial Markets franchise.
- To ensure that the clients of the Bank are serviced efficiently by quick quotation of rates, quality inputs on the markets and regular contact on telephone etc.
- To ensure that the Daily/Weekly News Letters are sent to the Bank’s Clients regularly and the quality of information/analysis conveyed reflects the Group’s standard.
- To ensure that necessary steps are taken to address regulatory and internal control guidelines.
- To manage an exclusive list of clients as and when required to do so.
- To cross sell CIB products to the customer base.
- To value add to the customers business by selling Fixed Income and Derivative Products.
- Ensuring to remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it
- A good understanding of most areas of the Bank is required plus a minimum of 3 years experience in treasury sales is preferable although not mandatory
- Minimum requirement of a university degree
- Basic knowledge of the Foreign Exchange and Money Markets and the products accessible is a must. Knowledge of structured products is advantageous.
- ACI Certification is a must.
- Should be conversant with all operational aspects of Treasury.
- Must possess the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Mathematics and computer skills are required.
- A sound economic background is a must
- Must possess good analytical skills to be able to structure deals.
- Must possess excellent Marketing and Communications skills.
- Should have good interpersonal skills.